Back after years away from the industry, best budget lights?

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Hey guys, its been years since i followed and stayed up with the latest in the emergency lighting world and a while since ive been here. I had my previous vehicle upfitted with mostly Whelen lights and a FS Smart Siren. Im now looking to do my 16 Explorer, and just not looking to spend an arm and a leg this go around. Which companies have the best bang for the buck lighting? I keep seeing Feniex pop up, is that the way to go?

Also a friend linked me to this company who is local to me, prices look great, but has anyone used their stuff? It seems pretty good and stuff looks lightweight which is a plus for me. www.ultrabrightlightz.com

My old setup was as follows so you know what im looking for. FS Smart Siren, Whelen speaker, 2 TIR6 grille lights, 2 RB Talons in the rear, 2 RW Talons on the side rear window, and hideaways. Ill probably look to do something similar but with a handheld siren that I dont have to mount into the dash.

Thanks for all your help and insight!

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Feniex has really become a contender in the top three in my humble opinion with Whelen and FS. Feniex's low pricing plus solid products pack a power punch. Personally I'd run with Feniex products and a Whelen hhs2200 for your siren.

Good luck!

Seth

FEVER here on the board has the best pricing I've found for Feniex products...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'll echo what Seth said. Feniex popped up and has grown a lot within the past 5 years. Their new fusion series looks very promising and makes them the only American company (IMO) that offers dual color, in both TIR and linear optics, at an affordable price. They also (IMO) have the best LAW on the market; the cannon has 12 diodes and a plethora of programming options. I am a Whelen and FedSig guy, and I have no problem saying that I'll take a cannon over a Whelen vertex or FS corner LAW.
Although a little more money, sound off signal has some impressive product offerings; they were the original company to release the ghost (ion) and Intersector.
If you're looking for private brand, SNM and AWL have good reputations here.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Thanks again guys.

Just a note, whats STL. UBL has bad reps? Although im sure its made in China and id like to support a US company whenever possible.

Looks like Im going Feniex. Thanks again!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
STL is speedtech lights...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.