Department needing to purchase used patrol vehicle..

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
hey guys, my sheriffs office has had some bad luck this past month. Had two cars rammed in a chase and totaled and found out they only have liability coverage (older crown Vic's, which that's all we have) and two mechanical that's gonna cost big money. We are a small department of only 8 full time deputies and work a lot of part time guys.

We are needing some cars bad and really need them already equipped but doesn't have to be. ANYTHING from Crown Vic's to Tahoes. We don't have a lot of money and can't afford the whole Kansas HP used fleet car prices. If you have something or know of a way to help me find something please let me know. have contacted most all departments around me but they run them into non working condition pretty much.

I'm not trying to ask for a handout just needing help finding cheaper used vehicles. Anywhere from 1 to 3 Atleast.

My cell is 662-552-2660 & email is fireman616wfd@yahoo.com

You can message me on either of those or inbox me here.

Thanks!
Casey

Last edited:

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
try Missouri State Highway Patrol General Headquarters in Jefferson City MO. They sell all their cars off to agencies. All are about 2 yrs old with average mileage of 54k. Hemi Chargers mainly and some Tahoes and new Ford Interceptors both sedan and suv

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
forgot about them but I think you'd be surprised at the prices MSHP sells their newer units for. ;)

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
try Missouri State Highway Patrol General Headquarters in Jefferson City MO. They sell all their cars off to agencies. All are about 2 yrs old with average mileage of 54k. Hemi Chargers mainly and some Tahoes and new Ford Interceptors both sedan and suv

Called and they are out of our price range... needing something cheaper to get us by a year.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
will most likely NOT be equipped and you will most likely have to travel. Try publicsurplus.com. Register; go to motor pool, police. Agencies throught america sell them. If you are looking in the 6k range. Look at wyoming and montana. They mostly sell 2013's for around 6k. Good luck. VA lists a lot as well.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
I have been searching on there... That place scared me though! Seems like a lot of junk on there.

Wouldnt say all of it is junk. I know an area small town that has bought fully equipped cars on there and they keep them for a good bit of time. Right now, you are in a tough spot.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
copcarsonline is somewhat local to us. They usually make sure their cars are pretty on point

Reactions: fireman616wfd

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Wouldnt say all of it is junk. I know an area small town that has bought fully equipped cars on there and they keep them for a good bit of time. Right now, you are in a tough spot.

O yea not everything, my Fire Dept purchased a truck from there.. Just have to catch it at the right time is all.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Call the Texas Facilities Commission in Austin TX. They have a fleet of old TXDPS units sitting there for $2k- $4k.

Austin Storefront
6506 Bolm Road
Austin, Texas 78721-1990
(512) 463-1990

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160818-150622.png
    Screenshot_20160818-150622.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 20
Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
2010 Police Charger Hemi , 74k on it. I bought it with 14 miles on it, was my daily driver and has never seen police duty. Brand new front suspension and a kickass sound system lol. The one in my icon.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.