Adding flashers to the MX7000

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
I have an MX7K. It already has a pair of rear flashers but thought about adding another pair to the rear and a pair to the front. Before I mess it up (yes, its my luck lately), I was wondering if there is a "how to" out there? Thanks!

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Are you intending on hooking into the exsisting flasher? Or simply the power to said flasher?

Fairly easy to add on, there may even be spare wires on your harness you can tie into. But we need a bit more info (and pics, if you can get them)

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Dave, not sure. What do you want pics of and I can post

The more I look at it, I am thinking of adding flashers to the front center and another pair to the front on either side of the takedowns. On the rear, some flashers to the center section

Last edited:

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Depending on what flasher in there you could use the current flasher to power two more lamps. I believe most of the flashers in there have four outputs.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
You're going to have to tear a decent amount of the bar apart, since the flasher is gong to be located underneath the channel, or upper level, that holds the rotators. Is your MX the kind with a deeper channel in the middle, or is it the kind with the rotators that come through a flat center section? If it's the latter, then there's going to be even more breaking down of the bar.

Once you remove all the appropriate parts, it's simply a matter of installing the flashers where you want them to go, then run the wiring to the flasher like the pair you already have in the bar is wired. It shouldn't be too difficult.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Pm sent

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.