The LAST Aerodynic Federal Signal made was mine, and it's my Holy Grail!

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello fellow ELB members!

This time........as my saying goes LOL.....I have the last example of an end of a era. The Aerodynic era lasted almost 40 years! One of the longest produced lightbars in history and I now own the last one made, literally. This particular model has long been on my must have list. The chances of finding one like this are very slim. So, when I heard Federal was going to discontinue the Aerodynic completely, I knew I had to bite the bullet and just order one! This was by far the most expensive lightbar I have ever bought. I had it custom built, to CA specs of course! This is a Aerodynic model ADX-7277. It is the longest one they make, 72 inches long! It features 24 red, 8 white and 4 amber Solaris modules. It also has two steady red modules per side with a set of amber flashers to the rear as well. The modes are as follows: Mode #1  steady red's, Mode #2 flashing red's, Mode #3 high speed flashing white's, Mode #4 rear amber's. I added a set of polished tube-type permanent mounts for that classic look.

Now for the part most of you have been waiting for! I even have VIDEO!!! Yes, I said VIDEO LOL! Since this was one of the best bars I own, I had to get video somehow of this one! My sister was kind enough to take the pictures and video. She does photography as a side business. I even had her set-up a black background instead of my usual astroturf! The pictures came out so well, that I thought some of you won't believe that I actually owned this bar. This is why I had to include one pic of it on the astroturf LOL. This thing is blinding bright when on! I am VERY happy to add such a beautiful example to my collection!

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_ADX72front_zps2c5ab4bd.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_ADXrear_zpsb239afc9.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_ADX72side_zps04eed69e.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_001_zpse8b8c690.jpg

http://vid734.photobucket.com/albums/ww341/eric6913/ADX%20front_zps60xowtsz.mp4

http://vid734.photobucket.com/albums/ww341/eric6913/ADX%20rear_zpsf7hzrtfp.mp4

Thanks for looking and as always..........stay tuned!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Holy Crap!! I kept trying to imagine what you ordered as the last ever Aero. I am truly impressed. I hope Federal made note of this baby, being their last one ever as, like you said its now part of their history.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Now that is gorgeous Eric! Love the tube mounts,great idea. I just wish it flashed in sequence outside to inside like the old rotator bars lol.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thank you to all so far! It's definitely a nice lonnnnnnng beauty! As far as last, I was told by the Federal production manager that it was the last order to be submitted. I submitted my order on the very last day Federal allowed.
Very cool.  Eric posted a video.  A piece of history really...   oh and the lightbar is cool too.

Reactions: PJD642

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
A sweet piece of history for sure. Think of all the AeroDynics we saw and loved; 40 years in service and this is the last one.

Now you need to find the First One ;)

Also a nice touch to join this bar with your first video.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Thank you to all so far! It's definitely a nice lonnnnnnng beauty! As far as last, I was told by the Federal production manager that it was the last order to be submitted. I submitted my order on the very last day Federal allowed.
It would be great if you could get a letter from Fed Sig stating that this is the last factory built Aerodynic.  That would establish provenance to what is likely to become a highly desirable piece. 

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010
Western Montana
The significance of it being the last production bar notwithstanding, what's more impressive is the manner in which it's presented:  via video and a complimentary background to boot!  My vote is to commission her to video some of the other gems in action that we could salivate over... :popcorn:

We'll done!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
That's a legitimate historical artifact right there. You done good. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.