Running board light options?

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
So in my research I commonly see Feniex T3's, T6's and lights of that size. Has anyone thought of mounting a light stick like the Fusion 200 instead of the smaller lights?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The fusion series is thicker than those but its still possible to do.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
I figured that. I noticed that the new Fusion Running Boards Lights are the same dimensions just longer. I was just thinking for the money, would it be a smarter option since even in single color their only 109.00 dual runs about 160.00

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I just don't understand this obsession with mounting warning lights (lights that aren't cheap) on the sides of a vehicle only 6 inches above the road

Last edited:

Grant 911 Custom

Sep 8, 2016
Overland Park, KS
Whelen makes the tracer, which is a full stick (Meaning there is no gap between lights).

Chief ops, Although it sits lower, it is a good way to put intersection lights, making the vehicle noticeable from 360 degrees! While it may see to some as over kill, we have even done wiring to make one into a intersection traffic advisor!

-Grant

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
I looked at the Tracer Solo. Looks like an easy solution for my running boards. My Chevy Avalanche is a Security equipment installation vehicle. The reason behind my amber lighting is so that when I'm working in a public area, the vehicle is noticed for safety and insurance purposes.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Whelen makes the tracer, which is a full stick (Meaning there is no gap between lights).

Chief ops, Although it sits lower, it is a good way to put intersection lights, making the vehicle noticeable from 360 degrees! While it may see to some as over kill, we have even done wiring to make one into a intersection traffic advisor!

-Grant

Ridiculous

Reactions: TACKLEBERRY

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I looked at the Tracer Solo. Looks like an easy solution for my running boards. My Chevy Avalanche is a Security equipment installation vehicle. The reason behind my amber lighting is so that when I'm working in a public area,
the vehicle is noticed for safety and insurance purposes.

Are we talkin cameras or what? Just get a minibar. Done!

Reactions: TACKLEBERRY

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I don't mind running board lights on trucks or SUVs, within reason of course, but I don't see the point on a car.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I figured what would it hurt to have some side warning. Even if I place two Feniex Fusion dual color surface lights, they can pull double duty.

Mount a side facing light light where it will be useful such as in the top front corner of each rear door window

Reactions: Blake

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
Mount a side facing light light where it will be useful such as in the top front corner of each rear door window
Thank you for this idea. I've seen lights mounted this way before, just didn't understand the full reason behind it. Since I have an Avalanche what about the little hole area on the side of my upper rear Cladding?

Last edited:

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Thank you for this idea. I've seen lights mounted this way before, just didn't understand the full reason behind it. Since I have an Avalanche what about the little hole area on the side of my upper rear Cladding?
I think that would work good, in combination with a intersection bracket on the front license plate.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
The license plate is recessed. If I where to go that route, I would just flush mount lights at the sides of the front bumper in front of the front tires.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
when to use running board lights....

Yes...

as_media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_originals_73_1c_b2_731cb24a791183a55dbb262ad85a4916.jpg

No....

ascontent.cdninstagram.com_t51.2885_15_s480x480_e35_14482320_1cdae55e04d29bb4df00d2a1b1d832d84.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.