Movies & Television: Police, Fire & EMS Vehicles

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Didn't know it was on here before. Some of those photos are apt to give us a stroke.

Reactions: CrownVic97

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
From the tv show "The Fall Guy" (1981). These were seen in the pilot episode of the show.
Ginormous beacon on a rescue true truck and an ambulance. What the heck is that?

Also... is Heather Thomas not one of the most exquisite creatures who's ever roamed this planet?

IMG_4165.PNG IMG_4162.jpg IMG_4163.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
probably one of those lights that raise up... still smaller than the light on the new ecto.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: LRGJr72

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
From the tv show "The Fall Guy" (1981). These were seen in the pilot episode of the show.
Ginormous beacon on a rescue true truck and an ambulance. What the heck is that?

View attachment 158480 View attachment 158481 View attachment 158482

Stem-Lites. Never ever seen a sealed beam one in action until this post. Went and looked up the pilot for "The Fall Guy" and found the scene they are in operation (3:30 - 4:17)
Also, car chase with vintage Mopar and Cal-Spec Code 3 XLs at 1:00:34 - 1:15:13

If interested in finding out more about the Stem-Lite, here's the current manufacturer of them. They use XL5000 rotators from Code 3 now instead of a large rotating carriage for the sealed beam bulbs, but they are very innovative for heavy rescue and traffic scenes!
http://resqtec.info/zumro/lang_enm/mainlightingslite1000lp.htm

Last edited:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Sounds like a Eddie Money song lyric.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
that mag is spoken for... new siren speaker mag ,wonder if it has rumbler capabilities. a.k.a earthquake maker

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
OH MY GOD !

Yeah, no kidding, right?

I'd like to be that guy on the movie car team that deals with just this stuff alone. Just imagine getting paid to restore some bars for a 1960s-70s-80s-90s themed movie/tv show, or just coming in on your days off polishing out bars and making sure they work right. I'd be all over that for sure!

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
Yeah, no kidding, right?

I'd like to be that guy on the movie car team that deals with just this stuff alone. Just imagine getting paid to restore some bars for a 1960s-70s-80s-90s themed movie/tv show, or just coming in on your days off polishing out bars and making sure they work right. I'd be all over that for sure!

I'm sure they would let you do that if you tell them you can do it for free :D

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
... I'd like to be that guy on the movie car team that deals with just this stuff alone. ...

You say that, but some producer would want you to provide a Valor™ lightbar for a movie set in the 70's. (Laugh, but it happens.)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I'm sure they would let you do that if you tell them you can do it for free :D
Ha! I can image they'd say yes to free labor ;)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
You say that, but some producer would want you to provide a Valor™ lightbar for a movie set in the 70's. (Laugh, but it happens.)
Well, I'd say this in a polite way: "You could do that, but, unbeknownst to you, some people DO pay attention to detail and will laugh and mock the production for not doing research on what police cars used to look like in the 1970s. If this was a futuristic movie, say like 'In Time,' then you could get away with it. I'd play it safe and just use the period correct stuff, but that's just me. You do what you wish, but I'm just saying some critics, not all, will notice."

Reactions: JazzDad

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Just like dubbing in siren sounds that are not period correct.

Those old Directors and Interceptors are real work horses. They just last and last and last! :D

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Those old Directors and Interceptors are real work horses. They just last and last and last! :D
The Federal PA20 (not the PA20A) was the most heard electronic siren in movies and TV shows made from the mid 1960s up until the 1980s.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
A few thoughts:

1) Based on logos, paint schemes and lighting styles I'd say there were about 30 different agencies participating in this chase.

2) It looks like the vehicle & prop guys had a free-for-all on lighting setups

3) This chase is highly reminiscent of the scene in Beverly Hills Cop in Detroit.

Reactions: JazzDad

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
A few thoughts:

1) Based on logos, paint schemes and lighting styles I'd say there were about 30 different agencies participating in this chase.

2) It looks like the vehicle & prop guys had a free-for-all on lighting setups

3) This chase is highly reminiscent of the scene in Beverly Hills Cop in Detroit.

Oh Lord, that one. One of the most ridiculous, over-the-top chase scenes filmed, but fun to watch. The director of those films really loved car chases and always went bigger and bigger. Sadly, Halicki died during the filming of that movie...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._B._Halicki
On August 20, 1989, while filming in Dunkirk and Buffalo, New York, Toby was preparing for the most dramatic stunt sequence in the film, during which a 160 ft tall (49m) water tower was supposed to topple to the ground. When a cable attached to the tower snapped unexpectedly, it sheared off a telephone pole, which fell on Halicki, killing him instantly.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.