Save a Streethawk S1B

Mars Light

Jun 23, 2011
Leipzig, Germany
I found a FS Streethawk S1B for less money.
In my opinion an earlier version because of outer rotators are in front (later FS switched to outer rotators are on back side of the bar). And because of black metal base for mirrors and reflectors.

From outside in good shape.
But what I found inside was a temple of rust. And one black base was broken.
Zustand 06.Nov 2016 (2).jpg Zustand 06.Nov 2016 (5).jpg Zustand 06.Nov 2016 (3).jpg IMG_20161108_183645_Medium.jpg IMG_20161108_183607_Medium.jpg

Reactions: ex416 and dmathieu

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Looking great so far. I remember when I was a kid and I bought like 20 of these things in varying states of good to bad. None of them were rusted like that, holy crap.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I wasn't glancing at the photos properly, and for a second I thought it was a Streethawk mini light bar.o_O

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice,
I've got a 72" Firehawk that I need to break down and clean up...
Probably be on my list in the near future..

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
If this thread is going where I believe it is, it's going to be like one of those thin Christmas cardboard calendars. The ones where you open 1 box everyday to reveal a chocolate piece, but instead of chocolate, you will post the bar getting assembled bits by bits every now and then, while we all go "ooooh" and "ahhhh" :)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
If this thread is going where I believe it is, it's going to be like one of those thin Christmas cardboard calendars. The ones where you open 1 box everyday to reveal a chocolate piece, but instead of chocolate, you will post the bar getting assembled bits by bits every now and then, while we all go "ooooh" and "ahhhh" :)

In Germany that's called an, "Adventskalender" ;)

Reactions: toon80

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
That looks like the wide version. Where I live the city PD had a couple of vans with that type of bar, while all the cars had the shorter Streethawks with the narrow speaker grille.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
My departments first Streethawks had that sized grill for the boxy 89 Chevys. When we went to the turtle Caprice-they changed the speaker grills to be smaller and mounted the new BP100 siren speaker behind the grill. Then we went All-Light SH in 1996.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.