For Sale Two Twinsonic CTS bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington
IMG_5715.PNG IMG_5714.PNG IMG_5713.PNG The ad says $225 on it but when you get into the description you'll see he's asking $360 per Twinsonic; but he wrote me last night saying $325 for one. The bar for $225 is also listed and isn't worth a quarter of his asking price.

One CTS is all amber; I'm not familiar with these bars myself but it appears to have a late 1960's tag on it. The other CTS is all blue with the amber rear cut-out. They're unrestored and are too expensive for my budget. Portland Oregon.

https://offerupnow.com/item/detail/...ms&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=viewershare

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Looks that way to me.

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
If I understand it correctly, they were custom made for one particular agency.

Here's a copy of post 26 in http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/whats-the-most-rare-or-valuable-item-in-your-collection.4734/

well ryan is reproducing them, but I have the ORIGINAL MCSO CTS bar, all blue domes amber rear, and blue front flashing lights. ryan argued they didnt make one, but I have it.. he has since come around to the idea.. I also have a cts that has mint r/b domes these would be my most valuable items

ai275.photobucket.com_albums_jj293_shawnlayton_th_twinsonics.j1f2a62489854033ea2c283252df34681.jpg

ai275.photobucket.com_albums_jj293_shawnlayton_th_twinsonics3.a1b824214d79d232ab4bee70bc9383cf.jpg

ai275.photobucket.com_albums_jj293_shawnlayton_th_twinsonics2.e86122079add8a198c1f51a784807b90.jpg

There's additional information in post 28 of http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/motorolamaniacs-collection.3939/ as well:

I have a few original oregon CTS bars from mcso, ONLY one still has the blue domes on it, as they were recycled through the fleet into the mid 90's on animal control trucks and stuff, NONE of these bars have any odd endcap markings, just CTS.

to my knowlage there was ONLY one bar that was tested with the red steady panel in a blue lense, that was ditched and all the ones that were installed were blue domes with 1 amber rear panel, some bars used 1 flasher for the front and rear par46's , some bars had 2 flashers and some had 1 flasher that alternated front and rear.

many of these bars are featured on the early (season 2 or 3 ) of cops shows.

There's a blurb in post 25 of http://elightbars.org/forums/thread...ly-the-rarest-twinsonic-made-stay-tuned.67322 the text of which came from http://www.freewebs.com/twinsonic/twinsoniccts.htm courtesy of member ryan:

Maybe the one from Oregon?

"In Multnomah County Oregon the Sheriff liked the CTS bar so much he ordered them for his cruisers. He had one change done to the bar to set them apart. He ordered them in all blue. Federal Signal sent them a prototype to review. The decision was made to have the front steady light in red eliminated and so they eliminated the front panel cutout from the order and the amber rear flasher remained."

There's some further discussion here: http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/odd-twinsonic-12x-find.51569/

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
"Prices are FIRM. No haggeling" was the response I received when I asked.

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Cant agree more with that. In my opinion, its worth more than the price of both bars. There was an all red cts (m) that just sold on ebay for over 800 the other day.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Bars are sold and coming to me:). I spoke with the nice gentleman and he is a former Oregon State police officer and received them while working there.
Update: Hopefully I'm not the only one getting some........Stay tuned

Last edited:

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Bars are sold and coming to me:). I spoke with the nice gentleman and he is a former Oregon State police officer and received them while working there.
Update: Hopefully I'm not the only one getting some........Stay tuned

Congratulations. I contacted him asking if he would ship, and didn't receive a response.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I already have a MCSO CTS which is why I wasn't too persistent. Agree it's worth it's asking price I just didn't want to pay that for a duplicate.

Congrats on the purchase Eric, glad they are going to a great home.

Last edited:

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Yes I did get mine yesterday! The seller is a nice man but a very firm negotiator. I already knew Matt was buying and when I heard him mention the name Eric I had to laugh. Knew exactly who it was. The lightbar piranhas!

I will admit my jaw dropped when I saw so many of these bars in one place!

The seller is 80 years old and says that he worked for the Oregon State Police for 15 years and that these bars are Oregon State Police bars and that OSP used them for years. I've traveled through Oregon my entire life and never seen a CTS on an OSP cruiser. Also did some research on their vehicles and nothing but what I remembered, the center beacon with huge Mickey Mouse ears on either side of a roof mount bar. He has to be mistaken. I think these are definitely Multnomah County bars.

The bars I saw all looked to be in real decent shape. A true great find.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I think he had more than that, or at least when I was there he had picked up some to sell for a friend. I saw one amber CTS, and at least another 6 all blue CTS bars. No pictures. He was kind of private about his stuff.

It's stories like this that make me wonder where and when the guy who is hoarding all of the green Twinsonic lenses will turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.