Anderson County TN Sheriff 2017 Interceptor Utility

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0003.JPG I haven't taken any pictures yet, but here is a video of one our new Utilities. All Federal Signal with SSP2000, Integrity lightbar, and Micropulse perimeter lighting (all flashed by the SSP). The lightbar has ambient sensors and the vehicle changes flash patterns and automatically dims depending on ambient lighting. It also changes patterns between drive and park. With quite a bit of pre planning, we came very close to emulating Cantrol/Blueprint. Not shown in the video is the intersection mode where the lightbar has a random attention grabbing pattern and the perimeter lights flash at 300 fpm.

Last edited:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I love the Mode 1 park rear LOVE it. BUT im not a fan of any of the flash patterns on that roof top lightbar they are not attention grabbing I think... But whatever the customer is always right.

Reactions: acs680

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
I like mode 2 on the rear. It's more of a distinct split.

I don't like when both sides of the light bar fully light up at the same time either. At a distance, it's not that attention getting. It just looks like one solid steady burn light.

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
I like mode 2 on the rear. It's more of a distinct split.

I don't like when both sides of the light bar fully light up at the same time either. At a distance, it's not that attention getting. It just looks like one solid steady burn light.

I too think I prefer Mode 2 or Mode 1 night than mode 1. I'm not sure why I didn't make them all the same, I just didn't catch it and don't want to go back and change every vehicle.

It's not as bad in person. The camera can't quite catch the flashing so it is more attention grabbing than appears in the video. Our old pattern was an alternating singleflash type and most of the guys complained it wasn't attention grabbing enough. This was the next best thing without using a blob/seizure pattern.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I haven't taken any pictures yet, but here is a video of one our new Utilities. All Federal Signal with SSP2000, Integrity lightbar, and Micropulse perimeter lighting (all flashed by the SSP). The lightbar has ambient sensors and the vehicle changes flash patterns and automatically dims depending on ambient lighting. It also changes patterns between drive and park. With quite a bit of pre planning, we came very close to emulating Cantrol/Blueprint. Not shown in the video is the intersection mode where the lightbar has a random attention grabbing pattern and the perimeter lights flash at 300 fpm.

Great lighting sit-up and lighting placement. The only thing I don't like is the front lightbar pattern b/c IMO it looks like a center out TA pattern, not a front warning pattern

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Nice job of avoiding the seizure like patterns so many agencies are going to. Very nicely done.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Looks Great!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.