Sapphire question

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
How do I connect to a negative switched flasher to the sapphire? Install on a Tahoe SSV. I split the factory headlight flasher and tailight flasher. When split, the rear flasher is activated by a negative switched ground. (applying ground activates the tailight flasher) do I need the expansion module option?
Question 2, I am connecting an inner edge rear duo bar. The T/A has three wires, left /right/flash. I have the T/A model sapphire. Searching other post, do I not use the T/A plug and connect to output 9,10,11? If so, I assume I can assign the T/A buttons 11,12,13 on the rotary model control head?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Probably easiest to use a relay to swap positive trigger to negative for the flasher.

Can't speak to the t/a as I haven't done a sapphire install but if it's like the cencom, you wouldn't use the t/a plug as that controls individual heads and use the outputs on the sapphire to control the t/a.

Hope that helps,
Seth

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
Probably easiest to use a relay to swap positive trigger to negative for the flasher.

Can't speak to the t/a as I haven't done a sapphire install but if it's like the cencom, you wouldn't use the t/a plug as that controls individual heads and use the outputs on the sapphire to control the t/a.

Hope that helps,
Seth
Thank you Seth, will try that relay.

Reactions: C17LVFD

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.