2013 Charger HLF?

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I have a CIVILIAN 2013 Charger R/T. Does anyone have a simpler visual diagram of the wiring? The diagram this came with is somewhat confusing. Thanks

Last edited:

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I got the correct iso-model flasher. But I need advice on where to access the high beam wires from.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
The install I did on a Civi Charger used an isolated flasher and it was setup as a positive switched system.

You say the info you found was that it was negative switched, however you purchased a positive switched isolated flasher.

My data says the Charger is positive switched. Just make sure no power back flows to the brain (hence the isolation).

What info do you need?

Tony

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
The install I did on a Civi Charger used an isolated flasher and it was setup as a positive switched system.

You say the info you found was that it was negative switched, however you purchased a positive switched isolated flasher.

My data says the Charger is positive switched. Just make sure no power back flows to the brain (hence the isolation).

What info do you need?

Tony

Thanks. Where did you mount the flasher and access the high beam wires?

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Don't wanna bug ya Tony, but just wondering where you mounted the flasher and where you tapped into the high beam wires?

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Don't wanna bug ya Tony, but just wondering where you mounted the flasher and where you tapped into the high beam wires?
You can find which wire is the high beam with a test light. Then you have to cut the wire and attach those into your flasher. You can mount the HLF any where you have room under the hood. Follow the HLF manufacturer instructions that came with the flasher.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I mounted the flasher on the inside right frame of the front quarter panel. I simply made plug and play connectors for the headlights. Worked like a charm.

TonyCharger HLF pnp.jpg

Attachments

• Charger HLF pnp.jpg
    Charger HLF pnp.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I mounted the flasher on the inside right frame of the front quarter panel. I simply made plug and play connectors for the headlights. Worked like a charm.

TonyView attachment 205136

I did this same thing with a Whelen UHF2150A. Got the male and female 9005 plugs and made a no-splice HLF (currently in my Durango)... I made a "build thread" on it, but apparently it got lost in one of the forums change overs... lol

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Picture an extension cord. If you cut it in half and splice the cut ends of the cord onto the flasher, you are preserving the wiring of the vehicle headlight system. You're unplugging the connector from the back of the headlight assembly and connecting it onto the above connector. The other end of the connector plugs into the headlight assembly.

This way, no factory wires have been cut.

Does that make sense now?

Tony

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.