Yankee 831 (4) way flasher (model# ?)

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I bought this light for 2 reasons........ (1) it was cheap, and (2) it looked unique. When I received it and opened it up to clean and restore it, there must of been a pound of black axle grease inside the base. There was an original Yankee flasher inside the base and that too was covered in grease. I never saw the inside of a light so bad. After cleaning it up I was able to determine that the flasher still worked, so I restored the light using all the original parts. The amber lenses were all good, and just needed to replace one bulb. At first when I looked at the light I thought it was maybe a homemade set up, with (4) Yankee 831 lights drilled into an after market base. But upon closer examination it appears to me that there would be no way that the base ever held a dome, since there would be no way to secure a dome using a dome retaining band like other lights. Plus each 831 light has a rubber grommet under it and that would tell me that the lights were exposed to weather and the grommets were there to seal out moisture from getting into the base. There are no markings on the light except for the small lights being Yankee model 831's. If anyone knows anything about these Yankee lights Im open to any feedback. The pics are after the restoration was completed.100_5970.JPG 100_5972.JPG 100_5971.JPG

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
Just out of curiosity, how does it flash? All lights on then all lights off or do they alternate with one another? It's a neat looking light for sure.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.