4200 Controller Bluetooth Multi User

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
That is awesome! I wonder, how many could you daisy chain together?

If you only had a windows version of the app too, I could use that with my windows tablet.

Reactions: Tom@Feniex

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thats very cool!!!
Yeah, I can think of quite a few applications.  The bluetooth applications on the 4200 are way underrated.  Honestly the 4200 is underrated in general.  If people knew what it does for the price I think we'd see more of them in the field.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TritonBoulder47

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Yeah, I can think of quite a few applications. The bluetooth applications on the 4200 are way underrated. Honestly the 4200 is underrated in general. If people knew what it does for the price I think we'd see more of them in the field.
Agreed. I'm getting my brother-in-law to put one is his squad to replace a broken control head from rontan. I know he's going to be thoroughly impressed with it. I absolutely love mine.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
well, forgive my ignorance (and partial thread hijack)....and, i realize i could be asking for the comparison from apples to chairs

but what makes the 4200 better than say, a fedsig smart siren? just curious

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
well, forgive my ignorance (and partial thread hijack)....and, i realize i could be asking for the comparison from apples to chairs

Honestly, they are a good comparison.  There are a few programming and interface options I prefer on the 4200, but that's my preference.  The 4200 belongs in a side by side with other modern generation interfaces. It's not necessarily better hands down IMHO, it just deserves to be ranked with them and compared for price vs. function.  I only meant tio say it isn't considered for a good comparison when sometimes it should be.  

It's also an underrated portion of the Feniex line.  The Apollo and other advances have kind of overshadowed it.  

So it's not necessarily better or worse than a smart siren, it just deserves a second look is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Fair enough: i know a few people with a 4200 and they swear by them. even without having used one i know theyre inline with all major platforms on the market. i simply wanted reasons as to why those who have them prefer them over, convential(?) controllers.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Yeah, I can think of quite a few applications.  The bluetooth applications on the 4200 are way underrated.  Honestly the 4200 is underrated in general.  If people knew what it does for the price I think we'd see more of them in the field.  
Indeed...  I just need to get a BT Module for my 4200 and I'll be set...  

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
One advantage the 4200 has over a smart siren is that everything is solid state switching. The smart siren still uses relays, which have moving parts, that will eventually fail. I've seen several smart sirens come through with relay failure. On in particular was an unmarked suv which left the chief of police without lights while responding to a code 3 to an incident, another installer had the bright idea to wire all the red and blue lights to one relay. He couldn't figure out why vehicles weren't yielding at intersections until after he was on scene and realized his lights weren't working. The only thing that wasn't wired to that one relay was the white hide-a-way strobes. I've also talked to several other agencies that use the smart siren that have also had issues with relays failing.

Reactions: Tom@Feniex

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.