Anyone have contact with Shibby1952?

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Trying to get ahold of Shibby1952, but nobody is able to receive messages through this site. Some recent change limits you to 150 emails so everyone's box is full. I don't know his real name to try and look him up. If anyone has contact info, I would appreciate it.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I don't blame the site for limiting messages for free memberships. Server space is expensive to host hundreds of conversations that are years old and really don't need to exist... People quickly forget that this isn't run by some company with unlimited funds.

Rant aside, here is an email I have for Jason from when I made some deals with him previously. I don't know if it is still valid for him. jayjsharpie73@hotmail.com

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I don't blame the site for limiting messages for free memberships. Server space is expensive to host hundreds of conversations that are years old and really don't need to exist... People quickly forget that this isn't run by some company with unlimited funds.

Rant aside, here is an email I have for Jason from when I made some deals with him previously. I don't know if it is still valid for him. jayjsharpie73@hotmail.com
I don't have an issue either, a notice would have been nice or at least a way to delete multiple emails at once.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
well....

I do have an issue with it. I just checked and it says I have 780 out of 150.. :eek:
Was someone going to tell us this? Are we just blocked from messaging until its cleaned out?

This on top of a mobile experience that doesn't let you browse without direct popups every few seconds. If your looking to kill a site.. good job I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: tsquale
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I don't have an issue either, a notice would have been nice or at least a way to delete multiple emails at once.
I was able to delete a page at a time (25 messages). It took me a bit to figure out that you cant actually delete a message, you need to leave the conversation. A notice would have been appreciated but I eventually figured that out on my own it was easy.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Jun 18, 2013
PA

I was a silver site supporter up until.. https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/membership-levels-and-renewal.94630/

The current membership pricing tiers aren't worth it for me personally. Not trying to start a flame thread but I choose not to support a site that is literally un-navigable without some sort of AD blocker. And a mobile experience that is more intrusive then pop ups were in the 2000s.

Between, no responses on issues, taking basic things away like editing posts, and a hard message limit. (not sure on that yet). I'm gonna have to pass.

I know the mods here do their best and I am honestly not trying to Shitpost but I have largely relegated elb to the dustbin.. like AOL.

JPstealth

Nov 11, 2018
North jersey
What is also is really unfortunate is when I use the search option, the posts I find either no longer exist or the photos have been removed. I am a long time forum guy and prefer this to social media but, I find myself often going on FB groups and searching for answers there instead because of the difficulties I previously mentioned above.

It’s a damn shame. So many older posts that I wish I could not only read but even if I can access it, the photos are all gone.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
What is also is really unfortunate is when I use the search option, the posts I find either no longer exist or the photos have been removed. I am a long time forum guy and prefer this to social media but, I find myself often going on FB groups and searching for answers there instead because of the difficulties I previously mentioned above.

It’s a damn shame. So many older posts that I wish I could not only read but even if I can access it, the photos are all gone.
I know older stuff was lost with board changeover issues. A loss felt by most here. I have searched for things and it will say a word is too short to search for so I get a tun of unrelated results. Hopefully we can build up the stuff that was lost years ago (been topics on this and I know some have been working on restoring info).

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
The changes were made last minute as a stop gap for the influx of scam users and spam bots. In doing so we encountered a few unexpected snags that Jman has been working on as quickly as he can. The ads are to bring revenue to the site that users get to enjoy for free, but one that costs ALOT of money out of pocket for Jman; hence the paid, ad free versions which would help support the site we all enjoy. Please bare with us in our growing pains in the ever changing and costly world of the interwebs

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I was able to delete a page at a time (25 messages). It took me a bit to figure out that you cant actually delete a message, you need to leave the conversation. A notice would have been appreciated but I eventually figured that out on my own it was easy.
How did you delete a page at a time? I have not been able to figure it out.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
It selects all on that page, not all inbox messages. Leaving conversation seems to be the same as deleting as I have not been able to find a delete message function. My count went down after leaving conversations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218_145748_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_145748_Samsung Internet.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230218_145804_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_145804_Samsung Internet.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230218_145810_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_145810_Samsung Internet.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230218_145819_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_145819_Samsung Internet.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Skulldigger

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
It selects all on that page, not all inbox messages. Leaving conversation seems to be the same as deleting as I have not been able to find a delete message function. My count went down after leaving conversations.
Great, that worked, I found the options down at the bottom hidden under the ad banner. Figured out how to get rid of the ad banner and there it was. A little easier but still....... Thanks again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.