Are the minibars reverse polarity protected?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Looking at buying a pair of tir3 10 head used minibars. In looking at the manual I presume these were rewired (came off a county truck) as they only have a pair of of brown wires coming out, not tge red, black, white that the manual says. I would like to confirm they work before purchase but dont have a way of knowing what one is positive without opening them up.

Wondering if they have reverse polarity protection so I can power them up to test without worrying about frying them.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I am not sure if its good or bad but their is extremely little info on this light out there (difficult to find photos, video or other info). It has some unique patterns and I was able to locate the manual. Just find the lack of info online is odd.

Attachments

• 20221227_181301.jpg
    20221227_181301.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 8
May 31, 2010
Aurora, Coloado
Thats where the awesome folks over at the SOS Tech shop will be more than happy to assist anyone with any product question. They are great to deal with and just a phone call away.

Glad you found the manual online but they are there just in case!!!

Happy New Year!

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Thats where the awesome folks over at the SOS Tech shop will be more than happy to assist anyone with any product question. They are great to deal with and just a phone call away.

Glad you found the manual online but they are there just in case!!!

Happy New Year!
I would have sent them an email if needed. The guy I got them from said they just had 2 wires coming out of them. It's the factory cord, was just cut and he didnt look close enough to see the individual wires. Stripped the jacket and the 3 wires were there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.