Code 3 Rocker Pak Boxes - switch questions

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
Ok, the questions aren't about the actual Code 3 Rocker Pak switch box or wiring - so just wanted to get that out of the way...

What I do want to know is, who was the manufacturer or supplier of the actual rocker switches in those boxes?

I see some Code 3 Rocker Pak boxes that have black switches w/red illumination or others (maybe older units) that have the white rockers w/ red illumination.

Was there a break point in years where Code 3 went from white rockers to black rockers? Or was the switch color just based on Agency build request?

Can the black or white rocker switches be swapped - and who today is the best supplier or vendor to just get the switches from?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
post pics of switches.. they can be found on amazon, digikey. mouser, etc depending on what they look like

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
post pics of switches.. they can be found on amazon, digikey. mouser, etc depending on what they look like
Here’s (2) different vehicle examples of the Code 3 RockerPAK boxes w/ the white switches:
IMG_2496.jpeg
IMG_2890.jpeg

Here’s one w/ the black switches (and I do not know why the red illumination is on the “bottom” of these switches… maybe someone flipped them or maybe that is how that box was designed?):
IMG-7026.jpeg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.