Federal SS2000SM Controlling Liberty SA8BBRR TA Functions

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
The police department this bar came from initially used the Federal SS2000SM to control the Whelen Liberty bars when they first got them. That entailed having a separate cable coming from the SS2000 TA plug into the bar, and splitting off to the 6 rear light heads.

The minute I turn on the power to the SS2000, the four middle rear lights turn on solid. Before I activate any switches. When I do activate the TA on the switch, the outside rear lights (1 and 6) flash but the center four stay lighted solid. If I disconnect the second wire coming from the I/O board to the light modules, all works fine. When I disconnect the power cord from the I/O board the lights work in the TA function as intended.

What am I missing here? It's not a ground issue. It's like the four middle lights are getting power from the bar I/O board. The bar functions normally when the TA wires aren't connected.

Any thoughts?

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Well, I've been banging my head around trying to figure this out for days. But all one has to do is write a lengthy post and then the obvious answer appears.

Apparently, the 6 rear lights were controlled by the SS2000 only, while the front lights and programmed patterns went through the WeCan control module. The rear just had Fed Sig alternating flash patterns for slide positions 1, 2, and 3.

So the cable from the SS2000 is connected to the rear light modules, and the Whelen I/O board is not connected to the rear lights at all.

Mods you can lock this thread. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsngrimm

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.