Pelican 200w siren issue

tailgate2715

Feb 20, 2024
henning tennessee
hi there,

i have a 200 watt pelican siren ive recently installed. but for some reason i can barely here it. im currently using the siren hot wire with the ground wires. ive tried using the lights hot wire but keeps popping all the fuses. ive tried every combination of wiring from what was provided. im not sure what the wires in the sleeve and the small grey wire are for couldnt find a manual for those. i have the acc cable connected with the red hot for now so that i can utilize the siren without having to start my truck. im at a wits end any help would be greatly apprectiated.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA

Looks like siren 12v input for siren positive n both grounds should be hooked up.

Then R+ goes to the positives of the speakers and R- goes to the negatives on the speakers.

Are you running 1 or 2 speakers?

I honestly I’ve never heard of the pelican before tonight so had to do some looking. This is not what I would consider a common brand of siren and as such experience with this particular siren is likely limited.

If the above wiring doesn’t work, posting some pictures of how it is wired would be helpful.

Additionally, making sure your speaker isn’t blown is also prudent.

If ur blowing fuses, something is wired incorrectly or you’ve got a unit that has failed.

Good luck,
Seth

tailgate2715

Feb 20, 2024
henning tennessee
im currently running 1 speaker. speakers not defective as i have used it recently with another siren unit. ive tried other speakers as well with the same level of sound.( so low it sounds like one of those toys you get at walmart) ill try to take pics tomorrow as i only have it temporarily hooked up until i have the problem resolved before i make things more permanent. i have a 30 am inline fuse connected for the hot. both grounds are grounded,

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Assuming ur R+ is going to speaker positive n R- is going to speaker negative, I’m wondering if ur power amplifier isn’t blown. May be time to get the manufacturer involved sooner rather than later.

Seth

tailgate2715

Feb 20, 2024
henning tennessee
yeah ive tried the wires for the speaker both ways just to be sure same sound output. i bought the sire set up from the chief, was brand new in the box never used im not sure where he got it from so im probably not going to see much from the manufacturer :/ unfortunetly ill have to wait on getting another one as rn im a little strapped on cash.. thanks for your responses

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I’d still reach out to the manufacturer. Maybe it’s still under warranty. Sometimes manufacturers can actually be helpful and even warranty things when they didn’t have to.

There’s also a resident siren guy here on the forum. Pretty sure it’s MTN MAN. He maybe a resource for troubleshooting.

Good luck!
Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.