People suck……

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
So yesterday I found an ad for a “lot” of lights that is somewhat local to me. The ad was 7 days old, but I sent a message anyway. Seller replied with yes, still available. I ask if the possibility of maybe meeting somewhere in the middle of our two states would be acccepable. Again, sure. I then forward my personal cell number and say to contact me in the morning to make the meet up easier than exchanging emails via the “sites” anonymous email system.
This morning I get a email stating “someone is coming today to get the lot”
Like what the hell is that??????
Why get my hopes up as one of the items is something I’ve always wanted for my collection. To change the story nine hours later. Effin bs…..,,,

Sorry for the rant…..,, but yeah, people suck.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I just had the same thing happen this week, albeit in reverse. Set everything up, was going to meet halfway (2hrs) and guy backs out that morning as I was getting ready to leave. Dick weasel.

Screenshot_20230111_124150_Messages.jpg

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Yep, I learned a long time ago not to even ask about meeting half way... sellers will almost always take the path of least resistance. I just plan on making the long road trip.

I also learned if a seller won't accept a deposit (or even full payment) via PayPal (or whatever service they prefer), the deal is fragile and don't be surprised if it evaporates before you can get there.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
No deal is finalized until items are in your hands and payment is made or received. That is just the nature of the game, and yup it can really suck at times.

As @Pete L. mentioned at least they notified you that it was off. Been screwed by that more times then I can count.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hey guys. I know this happens to all of us from time to time. And yes SV, no deal is complete until the exchange takes place. But if I inquire is this available. And seller says yes. And I say I will take it (whether or not meeting up is part of terms that were agreed upon) and seller agrees to terms, then alternative deals should not be entertained by seller. That’s shitty karma.
Anywho, shame on me for trying in the first place. I should know better. Ruined my day that I rescheduled stuff to allow me time for this to transpire.

The item was an early gen Respomd a strobe in red. Part of a lot with other goodies that eventually will end up here i presume.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.