Semi Extrication Response POV

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Thanks.  Ive got a GoPro sticky mount on top of my vector bar.  Works great.

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I still don't get the purpose of courtesy light states.

If it's important enough that the legislature gives the volly the ability to put lights on their vehicle to "ask" traffic to yield it is important enough to be afforded the same right of way as an "emergency vehicle" that's owned by the agency... That's my .02.

That said, nice response. It's nice to see people yielding to you in the rural areas...

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I think portions of the video were not sped up.  I think OP was driving that fast, and just put the lights into 'hyper flash' mode to trick us.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I think portions of the video were not sped up.  I think OP was driving that fast, and just put the lights into 'hyper flash' mode to trick us.
 There have been times I wish my truck was that fast...not running calls but just in general...ha ha.

That was a long run for sure, liked the use of the V bar.
 Yeah this was 12 minutes from time I started the video to getting out (before the 4x time lapse).  Something like 15-16 miles.  I think I put 19 minutes by mistake.

And thanks...come winter Ill be doing some fabrication and changing things up.

I still don't get the purpose of courtesy light states.

If it's important enough that the legislature gives the volly the ability to put lights on their vehicle to "ask" traffic to yield it is important enough to be afforded the same right of way as an "emergency vehicle" that's owned by the agency... That's my .02.

That said, nice response. It's nice to see people yielding to you in the rural areas...
Im with you there man...my dept covers an entire county so yeah it would be nice.  Fire chiefs can run full R/B with siren in POV's though.

And thanks...my hope is that others see these and realize running hot doesn't necessarily mean driving like a maniac. Or that others see mistakes I make and critique me.  A lot of rural where im at so most people understand...that run there was 15-16 miles from my house. 

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
You caught me....I "acquired" a device from surplus that "enhances" my truck to allow it to go up to the speed of light, but as you can see I had to limit it down to take the video.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.