Southern VP Date Code?

radiostrobe

Feb 18, 2013
north carolina
I’m late replying to this, but I’m 99% sure the last 2 numbers are the year of manufacture. I don’t know if the first 2 numbers are the week of that year or what exactly. I would imagine it was for warranty purposes or something similar. I had several over the years when they were in production and the 90 or whatever the last 2 numbers were was either the year I purchased it or maybe say it said 90 and I bought it early in 91, it would still be fairly recent. I have some older models from the early 80s that have 8 whatever at the end.

Side note- when I was younger, I’d pull that tag off because I didn't like the look of it even though I couldn’t see it when the light was on the dash. I’m sure others took theirs off, too.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I have a NOS Signal Stat 381, sticker on the bottom reads 0389 and a Trail-Brite 7-07, sticker reads 4280. Perhaps it is a date code on the beacons made in Hong Kong, possibly week of the year and last two digits of the year?

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I was nosing through the collection, this is a signal stat 381. No sticker on the bottom but it ink stamped 1378( I think it's an 8). Anyway it's the same but different.
Sure looks like "1378" to me.

Reactions: Lt.214

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cars center

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.