Testing Output

JimRockford

Dec 1, 2023
Texas
Evening gentlemen,

Happy New Year!

Doing some testing on two sirens that are allegedly 100W output units. However, when measuring with a Fluke True RMS I'm getting about 19.6 VAC across the speaker wires and 1.73 Amps across the speaker wires. By my math, that's 33.91 Watts. Am I forgetting something stupidly obvious in testing power output of an amp?

Miscellaneous information:

While taking readings, each unit is attached to a CPI SA4206 with a driver that is rated at 124 db before adding the cone. Measurements across the speakers is about 6 ohms, and each is putting out about 113.6 db.

JimRockford

Dec 1, 2023
Texas
If it helps anyone in the future, I was able to verify the above with tech support. Just make sure you're attached to a speaker with the correct impedance--in cases like this, 11 Ohms obviously.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.