Whelen LFL SC with MPC01 and BL627 issue

chfc14

Oct 27, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Greetings all; first post, please be gentle. I purchased (2) complete LFL bars with MPC01 and BL627 used. After obtaining install info via Whelen archives, both systems worked as delivered. Problem now is, got one system installed on a customer's vehicle and it won't work; controller simply flashes the led showing that it's not functioning. I can hear the relays clicking inside the BL627, but no light or siren functions. Triple checked all the wiring, connectors, and things like vehicle voltage and grounds. Frustration can't begin to describe my current mindset; as I now have a complete led bar /siren upgrade on an in service fire vehicle that won't work. Can anyone help to shed some light on this? Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:

chfc14

Oct 27, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Ok all, just wanted to update; I've corrected the issue. The I/O board where the positive power connector "leg" is soldered had a bad joint. Made the repair and my day got immediately better. Thanks for looking.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.