Newbie needs wiring advice

StormChase85

May 4, 2024
Florida
I originally had an account here but it’s been a hot minute so I guess I can be a newbie again, I am pretty experienced in wiring warning lights and anything 12v but I’m stumped here. I have a Bedslide for my Truck and also have bed bins that are also mounted to them, I want to mount a set of of Lin3s to them but my issue is figuring out how to wire them up to also move with the bedslide, it comes out almost 80% of the way out of the bed for easier access but I’m stumped on how to wire them up so that the wire follows suit with the slide and best scenario retracts when the bed slide goes back in, worst case I just push the wire back in which is fine, any help is greatly appreciated.

I attached pics for anyone unfamiliar with bedslides, it comes out alot further but the garage is closed and it’s to hott out to go all out right now.

Front lighting includes 3 rotabeams, 2 tir 3s

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 6
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
On wreckers they are typically mounted in a chain like channel that folds over with the bed movement.

If you do not need them lit when the drawer is pulled out then you could just use a spring type contact. Older Dodge products used a row of them in the doorjambs if you need reference. I'm sure some type of retractable device is made for this too, they made them for phone cords back when.

Hopefully at least some ideas to think about at least.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiemartin6

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.