2004 Honda Fit Rapid Response POV

Quickstep

May 24, 2010
Europe
Hi from Austria :cool: !

Now here's my ride. Since this is a mainly privately used vehicle, all warning equipment components were installed just nice and simple without drilling holes, etc.

Over many years, my biggest concern was an easy way of dual-color-lighting. For jobs that require just stationary warning - amber, emergency response - blue. There are some dual-color-items on the market, but none of them really met my needs: I did not want to install a full-sized-lightbar (since the car is mostly used for private issues, I don't really want to have an "officially" looking vehicle all the time when it's not really needed ;) ), there were no dual-color-beacons on the market, and the only blue/amber light I would use for a couple of years (Axixtech Xtreme Micromax) has a very unhandy way of changing the light color - pushing the "flash pattern"-button three times quickly, waiting for a moment, repeating that process - done. (However, if the pattern-switch got pressed too slowly/quickly, it was the pattern that changed but not the color... :x )

Finally, over here we are not allowed to run slicktop-vehicles, there needs to be some "true" 360° warning. And I was fed up with carrying a blue and an amber beacon with me all the time.

So I had to go my way and find a concept of a suitable, handy beacon with the possibility to change the light color easily, just by a single rocker switch.

The result was a preliminary model of a beacon with a strong magnet and a cig-lighter-plug with a 3-way-rocker switch.

For additional warning especially during emergency rides, I'm still using the Xtreme MicroMax behind my RVM, and for increased (stationary) amber warning there's a Whelen Slimlighter in the rear window.

Let's see if that new beacon will do its job. :D I'm really curious about it.

Here are a few pics; more + video soon to come.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8530/dsc0037k.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1083/dsc0060bb.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3474/dsc0078kcq.jpg[/URL]

Quickstep

May 24, 2010
Europe
tcfd823 said:
looking good, Gerald!
Who would have really dared to expect that - ... After hours of funny and confusing "talking at cross purposes" communication with the supplier?! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Quickstep

May 24, 2010
Europe
At the moment, it's a preliminary model. During the following weeks (or months), there will be a range of tests carried out to check if that beacon meets the requirements, and which rework may be needed respectively. Afterwards I will decide about introducing that to the market.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Well, dual color technology is now widely spread, so it should be no problem... except for the E65 homologation maybe ! ;)

I agree, you need grille LEDs... Get the chameleon from Axixtech !!

Quickstep

May 24, 2010
Europe
TheGatekeeper said:
except for the E65 homologation maybe ! ;)
That's a big issue, I know. But there are some possibilities to get dual-color-products through ECE-R65. I'm working on that. ;) By then, special approvals and exemption certificates have to do the job. :twisted:

As for the grille lights: I would think about that for quite a long time but wasn't sure if that really will look good on a Fit. But yes, it's still something to consider maybe.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckjj

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.