#8 led constant power

Brady612

Mar 22, 2021
Australia
Hi all,

Just received a tactld1 today. Hooked it up and the number 8 led is lit solid. The power pin, #9 may have touched the number 8 pin. Does this cause permanent damage? It blew the 10 amp fuse on the areas of the controller. Any suggestions?

Master X

Jan 11, 2024
Lodi, WI
Funny, I just ran into this today, There are 8 IRLZ34N transistors on the board. One of those is no longer acting as a gate and is essentially stuck on. I'm going to try and replace one of those transistors tomorrow and see if that resolves my issue.

Master X

Jan 11, 2024
Lodi, WI
Here is a picture of the Whelen tactld1 taken apart. My #8 LED was stuck on solid as well. I replaced the transistor in the bottom photo with a RLZ34N transistor and the problem is resolved.

20240304_205607.jpg20240304_205555.jpg

Reactions: RS485

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.