All blue jetsonic dome

SP7134

Oct 7, 2023
West Texas
interestingly enough some guy was selling a bunch of jet domes in my city all solid orange, red and blue, sadly by the time i hit the guy up he told me he had already sold them. Im pretty sure all the domes had the JetSolaris badges though.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Some years ago, the DoCorrections in my state used jets with solid blue domes, don’t even think they had alley lights.

W2CK

Apr 29, 2024
Kipling, NC
Hi,

I had a solid blue JetStream in NY (VFD use blue). I ordered it that way from the local dealer. I sold it in 1994 when I moved from NY to NC with IBM. Blue wasn't going to do me any good in NC.

Anyway. solid domes for the JetSonics and JetStreams were an option at that time. I seem to recall solid colors were an option from the get-go with those. Quite a few of the VFD members had them and the Vol Ambulance-only folks had solid green ones. The JetStream was quite popular at the time.

The NYS rules required one solid color across the light. So, no white work lights. I remember us making blue and green center pieces for the TwinSonics to fit this rule. The AeroDynics were easier to do of course until Federal began the Model 25. They had dome pieces to work with.

Stan

Reactions: Firefighterhtfd

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The NYS rules required one solid color across the light. So, no white work lights. I remember us making blue and green center pieces for the TwinSonics to fit this rule.

Do you have any connections from your time in New York who may still happen have or know the whereabouts of any green Twinsonic lenses?

W2CK

Apr 29, 2024
Kipling, NC
Do you have any connections from your time in New York who may still happen have or know the whereabouts of any green Twinsonic lenses?
Hi,

I can't say as I do. That was long ago. 1979-1984 -ish.

Like everyone else, the TwinSonic gave way to other, newer, things. In the Federal Signal crowd, the Aerodynic and JetStream took over.

There was all of one Vol Ambulance Corps in my area, vs dozens of Vol fire depts. Most VFDs ran their own rescue and ambulance company. So, only the one.

I recall making a couple green TwinSonic left and right domes along with making ones to replace the speaker section. My dad had a machine shop and he had some really cool plastic fabrication equipment. Essentially cutting and welding the plastic to form the parts. The welder looked like a small acetylene torch but sent hot air out rather than fire. And using a plastic rod which matched the plastic panels.

That equipment is long gone. Dad retired in 1990 and I moved in 1994 and slowly lost touch with almost everyone in NY. And, I really lost touch with the few that I was still in touch with after Mom passed in 2016.

Stan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.