JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
What happened to the blue paint?

smsales

May 21, 2010
West Michigan
I dont understand.. they need to cut officers, but yet they buy new vehicles for accident reconstruction? why cant they use normal tahoes? it just kinda ticks me off.. maybe i just dont understand the theory behind it...

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
kinnelonfire75 said:
Why no beacon on top? Same reason as no fin?
I would assume so.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
EL1998P71 said:
Tahoe's CVPI's are the only ones that have beacons( that I am aware of ).
I've seen older vehicles with beacons, Like Ford Areostar van, and a Dodge Caravan with beacons(I have pic's somewhere from post 24)

I thought i saw a few chargers with them? atleast pictures of them.

rabidjade

May 21, 2010
Iowa
kinnelonfire75 said:
I thought i saw a few chargers with them? atleast pictures of them.

They can't from the lack of roof supports or something from what I read.

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
For a state that claims to be in a state of being bankrupt, people would be surprised

at the new equipment that the state is purchasing.The mighty leaders in Lansing

are wanting to close more prisons, which means turning more convicts back out into

the streets, saving money. But then again you have to be from Michigan to understand

the spending here and the wasting of the tax payers money so the friends of people

in Lansing can make some money and acourse get there pockets lined with some of that

money. Alot of the wasteful spending for vehicles, equipment is being spend locally.

Jim Rogers

Northern Lights/Sirens

Pods are the Future; :mrgreen:

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
rabidjade said:
They can't from the lack of roof supports or something from what I read.

That's what I heard also. I think it's baloney, since an upfitter could easily install a support for the light, and with the proper LED retrofit, could make the entire assembly lighter.

I know a lot of people make fun of the Spitfire, but I think it's a very unique and effective piece of warning equipment. :cry:

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
My guess would be bomb squad. I've seen a LOT of new bomb squad vehicles rolling around recently including a brand new Chevy Kodiak 5500 Diesel command truck with 18' walk-in box and a 24' fully enclosed trailer being towed behind it. They drive this thing around everywhere. I saw it roll into the Lansing Heart and Cardiovascular center. 1 guy got out of it, walked inside and came back out am hour later. Got in the truck, started it up, sat there on his cell phone for 15 minutes before finally pulling out. Something tells me a normal sized vehicle would have sufficed instead of taking that rig to a personal doctor's appointment.... :mad:

coleman1126

Jul 26, 2010
Columbia, MS
How did you get the TIR 6 mounted in the upper part of the grill. I tried and tried to mount some TIR6's in the upper part of my Tahoe and couldnt get then to work out. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckjj

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.