Dietz Crossbar Question

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
I acquired this Dietz crossbar and am trying to refurbish it. My hope is to mount a beacon on each end and perhaps a speaker in the middle. When I got it, it was mounted to the underside of a Twinsonic. As you can see from the pictures, I have 4 parts. Two cross bar pieces and two end pieces that connect the cross pieces with the vehicle roof. The cross pieces are 65 inches long. There is nothing that holds everything together. Should there be square plates on the top of the cross pieces for mounting beacons and holding everything together? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0445.jpeg
    IMG_0445.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 4
The Dietz bar looks a lot like the Unity Uniracks…in fact the gutter clamps look very similar. Unity used round tubes whereas Dietz used square tubes. The Unirack had various plates to join the tubes together, so I imagine the Dietz bar would also. Just use whatever material the tubes are made of (aluminum or stainless) to make your plates. My $0.02.

IMG_0113.png

Reactions: dmathieu

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gram1427

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.