Grote 76223 dome

Kruk

Apr 8, 2024
Europe
Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about getting Grote 76223. It would be my first two-bulb beacon. The thing is it seems it's only available with an amber dome. I was wondering if there any replacements available. I checked their website and did a quick serach online but came up empty-handed. I'm looking for red, green or clear.

Also, has anyone used this particular model? Is it worth getting at all?

Thanks.

SP7134

Oct 7, 2023
West Texas
Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about getting Grote 76223. It would be my first two-bulb beacon. The thing is it seems it's only available with an amber dome. I was wondering if there any replacements available. I checked their website and did a quick serach online but came up empty-handed. I'm looking for red, green or clear.

Also, has anyone used this particular model? Is it worth getting at all?

Thanks.
Those grote beacons are on the cheaper side, build wise, i do have one and i like it and have had no real problems with it, although it is lightly used.

As far as other colored domes they are on the rare side; they did make blue, red and clear domes and i think they did offer blue domes from the factory fairly recently but i think you had to call the company directly to make it a custom order as someone on here has said before, but i dont recall how long ago this was. your best bet will probably be looking for online listings here or elsewhere for the different colored domes. As far as green domes go im not sure Grote ever offered any.

I would suggest looking through older posts to try to find out more, ive looked before and there was a decent bit of info as ive wanted to get different colored domes but eventually other projects took priority.

ccsd834

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 19, 2019
Tennessee
The new models are not as heavy duty as the older models. Grote was still offering the Red (90372) and Blue (90375) domes in March 2021, via special order. When I inquired again in Jan 2024, they were "obsolete." As @SP7134 suggested, only the used market now, unless you happen upon some NOS sitting on a shelf somewhere. I'd lean toward a tried and true Federal 14 or similar for longevity, unless it will be sitting on a shelf, where everything can look nice and shiny.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.