I feel stupid.

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
A long, long story short, like so many, I wanted to be an officer when I was young. I remember my dad being pulled over with me in the back seat, in the 80's. I immediately climbed around to look at the shiny lights flashing and was like a moth glued to them. Ever since I have had this first responder "need" and I guess my love for emergency lights emerged from that. Never became a first responder at all, simply because I never had the aptitude for it, I was much too shy and communicating with others is difficult for me.

MY love for emergency lights never fade away and a few years ago I started my crazy collection(23 bars strong) after seeing a jetstrobe for sale local to me. He posted a video of it and I just got this idea of putting a light bar on my truck. This jet was all amber and awesome, so I bought it. From there I just kept buying bars, either cheap or free, now I have a lot.

WIth all these lights, not one, not one of them are actually used on any of my vehicles because I am not a first responder, nor do I have a real need for any sort of flashing lights on my cars whatsoever. That sucks.

I do run my Star SVP, mini 9100(in Amber) on my corolla on occasion(magnetic), making excuses to use it in public.... Things like visibility in snow storms, helping someone on the road change a tire and I'll use it when I park my car near the road to do some drone/camera work. Still tho, I feel as if I only do it, just because and no real need for it and it's not like I'm going to become a cop or firefighter just so I can play with lights lol.

NO! I'm not an impersonator in the making either. Clearing that up, cause I know the internet and where this thread looks like it's going, haha. No...that activity is not worth the trouble.

anyways, any other light lovers here that collect lights and really have no use for them at all, as far as a part of a job or real need?.. I know a lot here are cops/firefighters that love lights and get to use them in the real world, but some of us don't lol. Ours just sit on shelves and an occasional light show outside on the saw horses

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
No need to feel stupid :)

I actually collect them and have also re-built and also built a few for some local firefighters i know with some references and referrals also to me.

I used to belong to a volunteer fire department here in ny but lived in front of the department i was a member of. I also didnt have a license to drive but was still welcome to join with no backlash (just couldn't drive the trucks to calls…….darn it).

I originally wanted 1 each of my 2 favorite bars (streethawk and the mx7000), welllllllll that was back in 2006……….. fast forward to 2024 and welllllllllllll still have the 2 bars that bit me into collecting, along with SEVERAL more (last count was 94 total lights and 2 whelen siren control boxes)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericgivens

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.