Issues with Whelen WS-227A

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I bought a WS-227A a few years back. It's in excellent condition. When I hook it up, the control head backlight comes on, but it doesn't emit siren tones. It looks to be the WS227AE variant to connect to Edge bars. It has some additional wiring harnesses that were likely for the bar.

I'm not sure if this is dead or needs alto be connected to a bar for functionality. I really hope that it's not dead. WS227As were high on my list. Then it's a matter of finding someone who can fix it.

This one's been bothering me for ages. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I would suggest @MtnMan, but Kent hasn't been around in several months.
I know. I'd put on a request for a repair for it, a dead Japanese amp from 1980 or 1982 and a very wonky SA-400-73 quite some time ago.

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
It does not need to be connected to a light bar to operate. All that is required is the main harness for hot, ground, speakers, and the plug in cable from the amp to control head.

I posted the install manual and internal schematics to the respective thread some time ago. you should be able to find it there.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Yes, I have the install manual and schematics/circuit diagrams. I'll have to.check the connections and find a vintage electronics repair service to get it going again. Might be the only option, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.