Motorola siren question

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
I’ve searched and didn’t find where this has ever been answered.

Are there any variations of the Astro, Maratrac, or other model Motorola sirens that will work on their own without needing a radio?

Thanks.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I’ve searched and didn’t find where this has ever been answered.

Are there any variations of the Astro, Maratrac, or other model Motorola sirens that will work on their own without needing a radio?

Thanks.
Systems 90- Micor, Mitrek, Syntor & Syntor XX

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
The names mentioned above were the different Motorola model series over the years.

Are you referring to this, the Motorola Siren brick?

I also have questions about that siren unit…. I see many that physically look the same, but they have different Model #’s on the Motorola tag affixed to the bottom of the unit. Does anyone know or have any info as to if there is any difference whatsoever even though the units look no different from each other? Does a different model number mean the unit operates differently?

RFActive

Jun 15, 2010
Western Wisconsin
Motorola made the T-1300A back in the 1975 era. They started adding them to their mobile radios with the Systems90 design, then going to the Spectra models and then to the Astro models. The Spectra radio was programed in DOS with RSS (Radio Service Software) The siren features would be enabled in the program. The siren chassis cable connects into the 25 pin socket on the Spectra radio chassis. The DEK (Direct Entry Keyboard) is connected to the radio control head and communicates to the radio chassis via low speed data then to the siren module. The Astro series uses the same scheme, just using the yellow port on the latest Astro control heads to connect into the DEK.
These pages are from the Motorola Buyers Guide dated 1975.

Attachments

• Motorola T-1300A Siren.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • Motorola Systems 90 Siren.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • Motorola Buyers Guide Cover 1975 .pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Motorola Spectra DEK.png
    Motorola Spectra DEK.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: classifieds869294

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.