MX7000 No Harness Block?

Sentinel1981

Dec 14, 2023
United States
Hello all. I recently tore down a complete mx7000 lightbar. I noticed when i decided to clean the lower lenses that there was no black harness brick on either side. It looked as if it was all straight wire, and it had the takedowns, alleys, rear flashers, 4 rotators, with the center Oscilaser all installed. I haven't plugged it in yet, cause I'm afraid of what that might do to a power supply being direct wire. The car in my profile pic was direct wire at one point and caught fire in my driveway lol. Is that normal for these bars to be direct wire like that?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
It wouldn't surprise me if they made it that way. The LP bars commonly use direct wiring to a junction block by each rotator or light. Wiring direct would not be the problem, no fuses and short or wire issue would be an issue. If you have it apart, you can trace the wires to the light/function. It is fairly common for a wire to get pinched/damaged/short between the rotator tray and base when reinstalling.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.