NEW Unreleased LED Outfitters Rocket-X 6-Head 6 TIR Deck Light – PHOTO HEAVY

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Mike at LED Outfitters asked me if I would be willing to review this light before it went on sale and I excitedly obliged. The bar will be released around the week of the 18th and will be in the $200-225 price range. To say the least, I am impressed!

39.375" long and weighs about 5 lbs

6 modules, 6-1 watt LEDs per module

Shipping: 10/10

I ordered the light, it shipped the same day, and arrived the very next. Super fast shipping! (from NY to MA)

Packaging: 8/10

The light arrived in a form fitting box. The bar itself was wrapped in a clear plastic bag and had 4 Styrofoam bumpers on it. The box was intact without puncture holes in it from shipping, and the bar arrived in perfect condition. Included in the box was the bar, cigar plug with on/off switch and pattern selector, L brackets, mounting screws, suction cups, and a users manual. I gave the packaging an 8/10 because I felt as though there should have been a little more padding.

Fit And Finish: 10/10

The bar was very well made. The frame was sturdy and end pieces were made of a nice solid plastic. Each of the 6 modules is separated by a black plastic bumper which holds the modules tight in place. The modules themselves are secured in the housings with 4 little tabs so as to assure they stay put. On the rear of the unit is a channel which can be used for an alternative mounting option. The bar’s 8 wires are wrapped in a nice sheathing which is about 10 feet long. Each wire can be applied to the red positive wire to do different functions (left arrow, right arrow, center out etc.) which is a nice feature.

The cigar plug is a nice addition to the bar. It has both an on/off power switch, and momentary switch which controls changing the patterns. The only con about the cigar plug is that it is not lit.

**An additional 6-button control box is also available. This control box has a LED display and 6 lighted buttons for functions such as on/off, left arrow, right arrow, pattern etc.

Hardware: 9/10

The bar comes with 2 L-brackets, 4 suction cups, and mounting screws. To put the L brackets on, you simply unscrew the two screws on either side of the bar, put the brackets into place, then screw the screws back in. I gave the hardware a 9/10 because the suction cups have no real secure way of being held on the brackets.

Installation:

As fast as you can put the brackets on, then screw them onto your place of application. As stated above, the rear channel is a nice alternative for a mounting option, though those kinds of brackets are not included with the bar.

Performance: 10/10

The only thing I can say is WOW! I tested this bar out in the bright sunlight and even then it was still very bright. Also note that when the bar was in my car, it was punching through 20% window tint. I am impressed the performance of the bar because it is simply just so bright. The bar has a total of 26 flash pattern; enough for anyone to find a couple that they will like. Its large size will make a nice application for the rear of a large SUV or pick up truck.

Overall: 47/50

I don’t think that any customer could be disappointed with this bar. It was very bright even during the afternoon and through my 20% tint. I speculate that pricing is going to be around $200-225 which is pretty competitive. These bars should go on sale the week of July 18.

Below are the many pictures I took of the bar. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Tom

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo15.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo25.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo35.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo43.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo29.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo39.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo47.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo210.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo51.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo55.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo17.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo27.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo28.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo18.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo53.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo45.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo37.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo52.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo44.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo19.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo56.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo310.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo48.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo16.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo36.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_E66_photo26.jpg

byron

Jul 25, 2011
ohio
The suction cups can be removed and bar can be mounted to the headliner. That is what i did. Then I moved it to the dash. I used the suction cups and then a piece of mounting tape and it held well. I only had it on the dash aout 2 weeks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdi419

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.