Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
unlisted said:
Don't forget the chainsaw!

I didn't even see that! A chainsaw should not be anywhere in the vicinity of a urinal...it's just wrong! Unless your name is Lorena Bobbitt.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Tristar said:
I've never seen one of these before, but I'd be damned if I'd spend that kind of money for that light!

VINTAGE POLICE BLUE LIGHT- YEAR 1964

That's smoking crack, shooting meth, and drinking acid-laced water at the same time pricing right there!!! Good grief :hopeless: .

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
MtnMan said:
But, but... it comes with an actual picture of a historic, vintage police car!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't seen any resemblance between the beacon in the pic and the one for sale.

Now, who is going to be the first to harass er I mean "edge-a-ma-cate" this individual.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Tristar said:
I always thought that was kind of funny. If I remember correctly, it was a Bearcat III or IV.

I happened to see part of a Kojak episode this past Sunday, Matthew, and you're right, it was a Bearcat III that Kojak "talked" on. :p

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
MtnMan said:
But, but... it comes with an actual picture of a historic, vintage police car!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't seen any resemblance between the beacon in the pic and the one for sale.

You're right about that. The Boston PD unit shown has a CJ84 beacon/speaker. The blue light for sale so ridiculously priced is a two-lamp beacon. I'm curious to know who built the light for Motorola. I'm sure they didn't do it themselves. I would guess North American just by looking.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Skip Goulet said:
If you didn't do so, you should've invited him to view this thread.

His first response to my very informationally correct and respectful email: "this light came from the BPD"

His second response to me correcting him and asking him for proof: "your wrong"

This guys, folks. THIS GUY.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
lotsofbars said:
His first response to my very informationally correct and respectful email: "this light came from the BPD"

His second response to me correcting him and asking him for proof: "your wrong"

This guys, folks. THIS GUY.

No not "this guy" more like "some people and their kids" LOL

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Skip Goulet said:
Bad, Matthew. But I knew you just had to take a stab at it! :p

Skip, call me slow, but I just caught the really bad pun you made in the above post! I'm sorry if I've been a bad influence on you. Regardless, I will say that you have a really cutting edge sense of humor.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
jdh said:
But, but ...it has intersection rotators.

I just called the seller (with caller ID blocked), and left a message. I told him that I was interested in the lightbar, but I wanted to know if it's the standard model or the model with the platinum base...I went on to say that for $1,000 I was guessing that it had the platinum base.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Only $390. The seller says that this is a good price (I wonder if she's a member here...not). I have one in better condition, that I'd be more than happy to sell for an even better price of $350. By the way, Skip - what did this cost new? I want to let her know.

1939 firetruck siren/light

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Torpedo said:
Well, it IS 50% off.

"Was:

US $800.00"

:eek:

Fla? Sun stroke obviously.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Federal Signal LightBar - 52"

I was forwarded this via a friend in OC. He was looking to make a roscoe bar, Good source bar... but even if its in excellent shape its not worth anywhere near what this seller is asking.

Especially when I just scored one on CL in NJ in better shape for sub $100.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Tristar said:
Only $390. The seller says that this is a good price (I wonder if she's a member here...not). I have one in better condition, that I'd be more than happy to sell for an even better price of $350. By the way, Skip - what did this cost new? I want to let her know.

1939 firetruck siren/light

If it was actually 1939 vintage, which is seriously doubt, it would've cost less than $100, since that is the larger Model 30. However, the couple of 1939 firetrucks I've seen had the Sterling Model 20. These were on American-LaFrance cab-over models that had a ladder rack built over and behind the cab. On these trucks the Model 20 Sirenlite were mounted in the center of the hood. And that 30 would've been chromed. I wonder why someone painted it like that; and notice, the bracket is also missing. And it's listed as "condition: new". Right! :p

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
Federal Signal LightBar - 52"

I was forwarded this via a friend in OC. He was looking to make a roscoe bar, Good source bar... but even if its in excellent shape its not worth anywhere near what this seller is asking.

Especially when I just scored one on CL in NJ in better shape for sub $100.

I called the seller and asked him if it was NIB (I know it's not). He told me that it's not, but that it's in very nice condition. I told him that $350 was high for a used Aerodynic, and that they usually go for $100 - 125. He got snotty, and said that's not going to happen, and that he wont sell it for less than $250. I then (nicely) asked him if it's the standard model, or the model with the platinum base and mounting hardware. His response?..."I don't know". What an idiot!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Tristar said:
I called the seller and asked him if it was NIB (I know it's not). He told me that it's not, but that it's in very nice condition. I told him that $350 was high for a used Aerodynic, and that they usually go for $100 - 125. He got snotty, and said that's not going to happen, and that he wont sell it for less than $250. I then (nicely) asked him if it's the standard model, or the model with the platinum base and mounting hardware. His response?..."I don't know". What an idiot!

I briefly texted this guy to see what ballpark range he was willing to work with, He also mentioned lowest he will go is $250. I thanked him for his time and said I will pass it on.

I recommended to the prospective buyer to pass, as he would be out $250 and still need to purchase R/B domes.

I also noted that the feet aren't original they look like jetsonic feet.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
I briefly texted this guy to see what ballpark range he was willing to work with, He also mentioned lowest he will go is $250. I thanked him for his time and said I will pass it on.
I recommended to the prospective buyer to pass, as he would be out $250 and still need to purchase R/B domes.

I also noted that the feet aren't original they look like jetsonic feet.

Here's your JetSonic feet. Which you were right about.

My question is the second picture. Has anyone ever seen these plates mounted on Jet feet?

They came off this jet I have and were mounted on the frt. side.

I'm guessing to reduce air drag?

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

Jun 18, 2013
PA
chief1565 said:
Here's your JetSonic feet. Which you were right about.
My question is the second picture. Has anyone ever seen these plates mounted on Jet feet?

They came off this jet I have and were mounted on the frt. side.

I'm guessing to reduce air drag?

Dunno,

Batterangs maybe?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gram1427

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.