Sapphire/ legacy issue

sho91mtx

Nov 7, 2011
georgetown, ma
Hi all. So I have a 54" legacy duo and a sapphire. I went to put everything together today and the control pad would beep, but no buttons would activate any outputs (light bar, siren, or others), no back light, and I was getting a fast flashing middle light and a single flash on the red one. I unplugged the wecan connector and everything worked fine minus the bar obviously. I have it programed as a legacy duo in command, what else should I look for?

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
Hi - I had a similar problem where my sapphire would not correctly setup communications with the legacy. I reached out the Whelen about this and they told me I'd need to send the sapphire in to have them upgrade its firmware. FWIW, My sapphire was originally made in 08/12 (years before the lightbar was made).

The sapphire manual identifies a fast blink on the middle "WC" indicator LED to mean, "Pre-operational State (Boot-up)".

I'm guessing if the Sapphire can't correctly negotiate with the legacy, its gets stuck in a state where it can't do anything else so disconnecting the lightbar allows it to avoid getting stuck in this "Pre-operational State (Boot-up)" state.

Hope this helps

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slo793

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.