Strobes N More "E 6" Super LED and "E" Series LED Hideaway

towmanjax

Dec 1, 2010
Jacksonville, Fl
I recently purchased 2 products from Strobes N More, I purchased one "E" series LED hideaway kit for 109.99 and I purchased 2 of the "E 6" super LED surface mount lights for 59.99 all were purchased in the color of "AMBER". Both of these products are mounted on my Tow Truck, the "E" series Hideaway were mounted in the front turn signals and the "E 6" series were mounted on tunnel tool box facing to the rear.

I chose to call and speak to a Human for my first order as opposed to ordering online, The woman that answered the phone was very knowledgable about the products and with the exception of one question of relating to availability she knew the answers to all my questions. Because I live in Florida I chose to use the 2day shipping to get my product in a timely manner, of course you are at the will of UPS and they deliver when they want.

First impression:

The packages arrived in great condition in a large box and stuffed with styrofoam packing material, all of the products contained all the proper instructions and mounting equipment needed for a normal installation, included was the 2011 whelen catalog a nice touch but I am quickly becoming a fan of the "E" series lights and am loosing interest in Whelen and their products.

Construction and Installation:

The "E" series LED Hideaway certainly is well constructed and overall installation was a breeze, the only problem I had was on my part and that was with the turn signal housing itself and it cracking when drilling into it with the KeyHole bit because of the age of the plastic of the housing. This has no effect on the light or my opinion of the light.

The "E6" series Super LED Surface Mount light, again is very well constructed and overall installation was a breeze, as was setting the flash patterns. The dcrews that came with the light would not work for my application on the rear of my through tunnel tool box so I simply used a set of machine screws with nuts I bought for under 3$ from Lowes.

LED Performance:

The "E" series LED Hideaway lights are as bright as Louis says they are, Using Amber LEDs behind an Amber turn signal lens works great. These lights are noticable in direct sunlight but they could be a little brighter and definitley stand out at night, they are a huge asset when having to use a Emergency Vehicle Turnaround on the Interstate especially at night.

The "E 6" series Super LED lights are definitely SUPER, in direct sunlight they outshine my the strobes from my JetStrobe, and at night I imagine I can be seen from a long distance away and if you cannot see me then you are blind. These lights replaced a set of Star DLXT that were mounted to the rear on my tunnel

box, they have exceeded my expectations.

Here is how I rank them, Hide Aways "E 6" Super LED

Construction 10/10 10/10

Installation 10/10 10/10

LED OutPut 9.5/10 10/10

Price 10/10 10/10

Company 10/10 10/10

Overall 9.5/10 10/10

I will try to post video of the products as soon as I can.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Please read the rules section and/or all stickies in this section and update this thread accordingly. Please pay special attention to format requirements. Thanks for taking the time to help make this section easier to use and more useful.

Format Guidelines

Users must disclose the circumstances under which they have come to review the item/product. This includes, but is not limited to, disclosure of compensation.

Must contain-Name, brand and model number of item

Must contain-A detailed description of the product including how it is used.

Must contain-A "rating" of the product

Should contain-Links to the manufacturer web site

Must contain-Pictures and/or videos

Must be formatted according to information provided in/on reviews section

Posts in this section require mod approval to show up.

Please allow time for your post to be reviewed by staff.

Replies to reviews may only be questions or answers about the product reviewed.

Do not
reply to someone else's review with your own review or opinion of the product

Example

Title/Name of item
- Fake Light

Manufacturer - Marcson Tech

Model Number - 911-72

Link to manufacturer - http://www.elightbars.org/forums/example

How/why you got it - Made it up

Purpose/Description - This is a self contained 360 degree strobe. It is taller than.... blah blah blah, lots of details.

How you tested it/results - I mounted it on my invisible car in -40 and drove at 90mph for 16 hrs. It failed after the first 2 hrs.

Rating (1-10, 10 is best)

• Durability 2
  • Performance/Usefulness 1
  • Innovation 1
  • Appearance 4
  • Price 7
  • Other (shipping) 3

Total 3

Picture(s)/video(s)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdi419

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.