This grinds my gears

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
Nothing worse than people willing to trash a good light when people are willing to pay.IMG_3861.jpeg

Reactions: Tony P

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Some people are special like that....wave money in their face and they're still indignant of what they're being shown.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I am willing to bet he thinks your a scammer. Any possibility you can find someone local to go get it?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I had a guy selling a early 1990s ambulance (over 250k miles) who was pretty local to me. He was asking $5500, it was listed as "starts and runs". But it clearly needed tires so I assume also brakes etc (who knows). I offered him $1k to come to him and professionally remove the light bar, primary lights, siren, flasher, and all other emergency equipment and gave examples (pictures) of how any holes would be professionally patched. Keep in mind this is a vehicle that is only going to be attractive to a plumber or contractor, never seeing emergency use again. In fact, depending on where it was sold, those lights needed to come off anyway, and if anything were reducing the appeal to his primary customer base (I even mentioned I'd leave the flood lights). So I'm offering him close to 20% of the total asking price to get rid of items that were unnecessary, if not problematic, to the sale of the vehicle. He replies that he'll just send it to the junkyard if he doesn't get the full price and said that my offer was too low to "ruin the appearance". I replied with "feel free to shoot me a counter offer". He replied that my first offer was too insulting and he's not an idiot so he was just going to junk the truck. Since he had to mention he "was not an idiot" I figured he probably was, so out of curiosity, I called the salvage yard that I sometimes go to and asked what he would get for it. They said less than my offer to remove the lights, adding that they didn't particularly like getting emergency vehicles because of some surprises they had found in them previously like hidden electrical hazards etc. Not to mention that they are made of numerous different materials, hard to pull apart into a chassis, and the parts (not matching the vin usually) are hard to categorize (list in the computer) to sell.

Some people are just special.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.