TN meet & greet tour 2013

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ok so lets actulay have one this year,, since no one could do it last year....

Start the planning early.

lets start by picking a month

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
we usualy do it in the MID tn area.

read the other threads on our mmet and greets.

the one for the failed 2012 meet and greet is a few posts down.

we've been to nashville, the boro, smyrna, the fire academy here in shelbyville, and of course "jack"

i need at least 2 weeks notice myself which is why im trying to get a start now.

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
I will finally be out of school this year so I will be able to attend. It has to be after May for me though because I won't be done with Nursing school until then. Middle TN seems to be the best location for most of us since it's, well, in the middle. lol!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
right. at one point in time we were wanting to head out east to see what c2installs and all the other installers in that area do.

maybe fleetcom or some of our others can open their doors for us. It depends on gas prices and if lodging is required before i venture too far...

Last edited by a moderator:

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
I am in the same boat. I can drive to Nashvegas or Choo-Choo or close to them, but I can't really afford to drive to K-town or get a room or anything like that at this point so it would be a one day affair for me. Drive over, do the deal, and head home.

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
End of Febuary and most of March are not good for me(baby on the way), but much past that, let me know a date. Since the narrow banding is over with,we're pretty open with stuff to do. Just need to know the week or so before. I'd prefer not to go west,like Memphis, but Nashville or Knoxville are good for me. Not sure if there's much to see or anything, but I now have a friend that works with the Tennessee arson squad in Nashville. It seems though that has already been toured? I don't know. I would love to see the THP garage, since I missed it before.

Jordan,TCFD

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
I will be in Knoxville July 23-26 for the Tennessee EMS Education Association. I also have another grandchild due in July.

Members that may have small children may want to meet in June or July, since many schools start back in early August. I would prefer to meet in late June.

We haven't toured anything in the Williamson County/Franklin area, and there is a lot to contemplate. The Williamson County Rescue Squad does rural fire response, and Franklin Fire Department and the county hospital EMS have some really nice vehicles. Their communications systems are excellent.

If we go down the road from Franklin to Spring Hill, they have a new satellite Emergency Facility (ER), unique in that there is no adjacent hospital. The GM assembly plant at Spring Hill might also offer scheduled tours.

I still have good contacts with the Nashville THP communications command, TDOT, and TEMA, so let me know how I can help to make any arrangements.

Richard

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
alright we've had some new Tn members join, and some time has gone by time to start picking a month. summer is just around the bend!!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
summer is fast approaching.lets get a month down people!!!

Knight347

Oct 25, 2012
Murfreesboro TN
tnems7 said:
I will be in Knoxville July 23-26 for the Tennessee EMS Education Association. I also have another grandchild due in July.

Members that may have small children may want to meet in June or July, since many schools start back in early August. I would prefer to meet in late June.

We haven't toured anything in the Williamson County/Franklin area, and there is a lot to contemplate. The Williamson County Rescue Squad does rural fire response, and Franklin Fire Department and the county hospital EMS have some really nice vehicles. Their communications systems are excellent.

If we go down the road from Franklin to Spring Hill, they have a new satellite Emergency Facility (ER), unique in that there is no adjacent hospital. The GM assembly plant at Spring Hill might also offer scheduled tours.

I still have good contacts with the Nashville THP communications command, TDOT, and TEMA, so let me know how I can help to make any arrangements.

Richard

Funny you meantioned Franklin, I work doing installs there at Harpeth Motorsports.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
doing a tour of franklin wouldn't be bad. its only about 35 miles from me and id like to see the shop that you and adam work in. Anyone have a problem doing a saturday or friday 1 day meet? late juneish?

ill start sending PM's tommorow when im at work...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Im having to work a lot of overtime this month due to being down a few folks. may not be a good month for me now...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCO

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.