What is considered "vintage"?

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
So being a new member to this site, I see the segregation of sub-forums or topics for "vintage".

Can someone please clarify at this state in time what hardware is considered "vintage"? Is there a break point by a certain year when it comes to posting about vintage equipment?

I'm just asking so I'm staying within terms/sub-forums and not posting something that may not be "vintage" to me but may be to others in the hobby/restoration/collectible arena.

I'm thinking "vintage" is defined by anything beyond 25 years or older?

Thanks all!

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
So being a new member to this site, I see the segregation of sub-forums or topics for "vintage".

Can someone please clarify at this state in time what hardware is considered "vintage"? Is there a break point by a certain year when it comes to posting about vintage equipment?

I'm just asking so I'm staying within terms/sub-forums and not posting something that may not be "vintage" to me but may be to others in the hobby/restoration/collectible arena.

I'm thinking "vintage" is defined by anything beyond 25 years or older?

Thanks all!
I'd say that is a good start. Pretty much anything not LED would fall into this pattern. Sealed beam, Halogen and Strobe technology bars.

I wouldn't worry too much about specifics just use a little common sense, the mods will correct you if need be.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
25 years is a good mark to start at. Although I don't consider things like MX7000s vintage as they still see a lot of use in my area. But I'm in my mid 40s so vintage is a relative term for me.

Reactions: Jarred J.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.