WHELEN 295HFSA7 DUAL SIREN

Jarod.1336

May 28, 2019
Texas
Good evening, i wanted to purchase the

WHELEN 295HFSA7 DUAL SIREN as its a 200 watt dual amp siren; however, can this siren be used with customer supplied remote switches or does it have to have a whelen control head in order to function? Thank you to all in advance....​

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yes- You can get limited functionality without the controller. Essentially the siren is in hands free mode and you scroll through the tones with a user supplied momentary switch or the horn ring. Air Horn is also available as a secondary momentary button.

You lose the function of the rotary switch in this setup. I thought I figured out a way to simulate that, but I can't find my drawings. This at least gives you basic functionality with two momentarys button and an on/off switch.
Screenshot_20231204-081423.png

In addition to these connections you still need to connect the speaker out wires and the main power and ground (use a relay or a switch that can handle 20 amps). For the speakers you should have 4 total wires in two 4 pin plugs. That means each plug will have two blanks. Some models have "straight inline" 4 pin plugs vs. these square ones, pinout is the same essentially.

Screenshot_20231204-081930.png

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.