Whelen Legacy WeCan Sync Question

Layne6288

May 5, 2021
Ohio
Is it true that my WeCan legacy bar can not sync with my surface mounts? All controlled by a Core.

Do I HAVE to swap my wecan board to a wecanx board?? and wire harness of course

I don’t want to do an expansion module…..

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Even with the expansion module they still won't sync. I am not sure if they will with the wecanX board either. I have been wondering this as well with my legacy. Just trying to get my hands on a wecanx board without having to buy a new board.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
WC will not sync. It might sync up for a small amount of time, but eventually it will fall out of sync. Everything on WCX network runs off of a synced internal clock. WC does not work that way. If you want true sync with your bar, the easiest way is swapping to WCX IO board. The cheapest way is with a WCX expansion module. But that is a ton of work, due to the Legacy modules being ground switched. Im sure that you know this. But yes, just confirming that your WC Legacy will not sync with anything.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdi419

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.