Whelen Talon Modification Question

Does anyone know if it'd be possible to remove the LIN6/LIN8 out of a single talon and cram in a LIN3 beside a LR11, both in the talon housing, It was a thought that crossed my mind ages ago, but seeing as I don't currently own any Whelen products (yet), I figured I'd ask here. I currently only have some cheap china made amazon lights... because they were cheap.

I feel like there was a post on here years ago where someone made a single Talon with two LIN3 in it.
That kind of reminds me of wayyy back a decade or so ago when ford-dealer put 2 LR11's in a single talon. That's what first brought the idea to mind of replacing one LR11 with a small footprint light (TIR3/LIN3/LINZ6). If the lensing on a talon and on the end cap of a Liberty I are the same size, I suppose the CHP lightbar proves the fitment is possible.

Attachments

• 5747188098_d44786859d_o.jpg
    5747188098_d44786859d_o.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Skippy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.