Will feniex lights work with a whelen (non-core) light/siren controller?

BCW

Nov 13, 2023
China Grove NC
Currently I have the feniex storm pro handheld siren controller, and I really don't like it. The power button gets hit to easily while driving and cuts the light on, there are too few buttons for light controls, and the some of the siren tones are horrendous.

I was looking at replacing it with a whelen HHS4200 remote head, and I was wondering if the feniex lights that I have would work with the non-core whelen controller.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Currently I have the feniex storm pro handheld siren controller, and I really don't like it. The power button gets hit to easily while driving and cuts the light on, there are too few buttons for light controls, and the some of the siren tones are horrendous.

I was looking at replacing it with a whelen HHS4200 remote head, and I was wondering if the feniex lights that I have would work with the non-core whelen controller.
I don’t know anything about Feniex, but the HHS 4200 only offers outputs that can be set to on or off, no flashing outputs. The 4200 also offers the WeCan network if you plan on adding a Wecan bar later. So if your Feniex lights have built in flashers, yes, the HHS will work.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I don’t know anything about Feniex, but the HHS 4200 only offers outputs that can be set to on or off, no flashing outputs. The 4200 also offers the WeCan network if you plan on adding a Wecan bar later. So if your Feniex lights have built in flashers, yes, the HHS will work.
What he said will work if its just On/Off funtions.
However if you are trying to use the flash patterns of the Whelen system to flash the Feniex lightheads on steady burn, they will not work. Feniex light heads have a slight power on time, so you wont get the proper flash patterns.

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
What he said will work if its just On/Off funtions.
However if you are trying to use the flash patterns of the Whelen system to flash the Feniex lightheads on steady burn, they will not work. Feniex light heads have a slight power on time, so you wont get the proper flash patterns.
That's interesting, because that hasn't been my experience. I have a bunch of Feniex QSM and Q3 that I have set to solid using an external flasher with no issue. Might just be they fixed the delay with the QUADs maybe?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have had both experiences. Depending on the product. I'm not sure if this was a firmware change with some stuff from Feniex, but I have not had a problem putting their products on steady burn and utilizing an outside flasher in a very long time. In fact, it was so long ago that I had the problem I don't remember what I ultimately did to fix it. I think I ended up using longer flash patterns so that the slight delay didn't show up... But like I said, more recent products didn't seem to have that problem

Reactions: fp13-2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdi419

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.