Advantedge Finds

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Just picked these up today from a swapmeet event in Allentown NJ.

Haven't really done anything to them other then give them a bath. The green full size lense segments on the one bar drew me in. The endcaps on the other.

Whelen Advantedge 1.jpg
Whelen Advantedge 2.jpg
Whelen Advantedge 3.jpg

I need to open it up and take a look at the configuration, cable is cut at the bar so fun times for me.

Whelen Advantedge 4.jpg
Whelen Advantedge 5.jpg
Whelen Advantedge 6.jpg
Whelen Advantedge 7.jpg

The 2nd bar has really long cables.. I might need to either find or borrow someones whelen control box so I can test the traffic arrow.

Need to locate wiring diagrams for both.. don't wanna fry anything.

Rob

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Very cool! I have those same endcaps for mine.

Here is a wiring diagram for the OSC version. It may point you in the right direction

Attachments

• advoscwiring.jpg
    advoscwiring.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: kitn1mcc

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
If the bar with the green sections has independently controlled lights from the rest of the bar, it may have been in service with a FD that used green to identify a "command" vehicle on a scene.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsngrimm

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.