Christmas themed lightbars/beacons

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Strange, but true, I've been making up my Force 4 XL bar into red/green for my display shelf during the last few Christmas seasons (see pic).

Christmas Force4XL.JPG

I even had it in the front window of my room last year to run for 10-15 min at the top of each hour on a timer plugged in with a power supply. I only had it go from 5:00 to 8:00pm until Christmas Day passed by, then it was back to the wall. It was really cool to see sweeps of the red and green go across the snow and spilling into the street. Great eye-catcher, that's for sure :lol: . Too bad I can't do it again this year since we've got a lot of snow in our hometown and there's a pile of the white stuff blocking most of my bedroom window...darn. I will have to get a video of it in action soon!

So, does anybody here use anything from their collection to add more Christmas spirit in their outdoor displays? If so, share the joy :lol: :mrgreen:!

Note: If this needs to be moved to the appropriate forum area, moderators can do so. Wasn't sure to put it in Off-Topic or not...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
No but I do have one red and one green 3LED Pimp Pods in a quad flash as my Christmas lights for my house.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Haha! That's cool, Burt. Whatever works, right ;) ?

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I never had a red green light in my collection. However, a few years ago my VFD (chief included) told me I should put green filters on the center rotator and ICLs in my MX for Christmas. So I did, and I swear people actually moved better. I ended up leaving the filter on the center rotator!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
ERIC6913 said:
I see a red/green CTS coming to this thread soon.........

I think that's a good bet, Eric. Who'll be first is the $500 question... :) :lol: .

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
in the christmas parade i put a red and green code 3 420 on my truck.

May 22, 2010
New York City
i know a guy who put knock off green dual talons in 1 window and red in the next, then green, then red etc .. it looked good !!! looked good till my power supply blew lol dam china junk lol

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Ryan passes go and collects $500... :lol: :) . Now Bob and Eric (who I guess has one too) got to get their TS's over here!

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
And all of Chicago FD has red & green...

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
ERIC6913 said:
i dont have a green dome unfortunately

A clear lensed AeroTwin or regular Twin with red/green par36s would do the trick ;) . I don't know who has this TS 12, but it's certainly festive!

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
A few years back, I put together a brand new, loaded, Excalibur with red center dome and green end domes - just for Christmas display. I have a 50 amp 12v/120v power supply just to run it. I also used red & green Pimp Pods and red & green LED Christmas lights in my last effort. Together, It all makes a stunning visual display.

Me being in the midst of permanently moving from the city to the farm has kept the light in it's box this year. Next year, it will be back on display Once I get organized (about April), I'll get it out, video it, and post it here. My next Christmas display, using my red/green emergency lights, will include mounting these lights on a tractor or side x side utility vehicle. The downside is I am now so far away from civilization (a good thing) that the only folks that might get to see it (post office letter carrier, UPS, FedEx, and the county road grader operator) will only see it in the daytime (not lit). It will be a labor of love - just for me.........

.....and I use red & blue LED Christmas lights to decorate my office and workshop....

MikeD

Jul 3, 2010
Richmond, MI
The 173's on top of my computer desk are normally red & blue..... I've got a green dome to go on the blue one for Christmas. On St Patty's Day, they both go green!!

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
when he walks into a room with like 60 of those bars, he'll get confused and take a model 12 with broken domes and give it to you. lol

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
ryan said:
when he walks into a room with like 60 of those bars, he'll get confused and take a model 12 with broken domes and give it to you. lol

The way my luck goes the Jolly Old Fat Man would jack the right bar, like it and keep it for his sleigh, and bring me a busted up parts bar instead!!

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
OK this was posted in its own thread yesterday, but I wanted to add it here. Since I don't have the privelege of owning ANY green Twinsonic domes, I had to use green bulbs (thanks Ryan). SO here we have a Christmas Medium sized Twinsonic.

Federal Twinsonic 12MX (1).jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
As promised, a short video of my Christmas Force 4 XL (plus a clearer picture at a different angle than my older pic way above :D )

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_th_100_5536.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_100_5528.jpg

Merry Christmas!!!!

rond

Jan 6, 2011
USA Detroit, MI
I love the red/green lightbars. I need to find some green for at least one of my lightbars for next year. Ryan your red/green twinsonic looks great.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Here's my AeroTwin in green/clear/red. The background noise is the power supply's fan. You can see I need clear domes so: anyone?? :D

Green PARs from Ryan so here's how they look in action.

Since I'm late for Christmas, someone should go early and post a purple/amber Easter-Themed bar ;-)

Toon

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_Lightbars_20collection_th_DSCN0301.jpg

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Yeah! What a wonderful way to come around the problem of "practically-impossible-to-find-green-twinsonic-domes", AND "absolutely-impossible-to-find-green-AeroDynic-domes", hehehe.

Motorolamaniac, you should post a video of yours!!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
toon80 said:
"absolutely-impossible-to-find-green-AeroDynic-domes"

I'm curious...Were these even made? I have never seen any... or seen them listed as a color in a catalog. I know green twinsoic domes were made but never showed up in a catalog....

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
JohnMarcson said:
I'm curious...Were these even made? I have never seen any... or seen them listed as a color in a catalog. I know green twinsoic domes were made but never showed up in a catalog....

I remember asking this question a while back in a Chicago themed thread. The simple answer was that FS did not make green AeroDynic domes.

I would think with a skillful hand and some clear green paint you could make a custom lens.

It think it is kind of strange that they did not make green for these bars. Certainly there would have been some applications for their use.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
motorolamaniac said:
I remember asking this question a while back in a Chicago themed thread. The simple answer was that FS did not make green AeroDynic domes.

I would think with a skillful hand and some clear green paint you could make a custom lens.

It think it is kind of strange that they did not make green for these bars. Certainly there would have been some applications for their use.

Yeah I looked through all the "red over black officer side green" pics I have and while aerodynics are present, they never have any green in them.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
toon80 said:
"absolutely-impossible-to-find-green-AeroDynic-domes"

I too don't think FS ever made green AeroDynic domes, hence the "absolutely"... ;)

Painting clear Aero domes in green wouls sure be:

A- Very interesting, and

B- (if done properly) would see many potential buyers, imho. I would by some!!

Last edited by a moderator:

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
I would imagine that having Green areo domes were not popular due to that they sold more in red/blue/amber/clear.

So they probably decided to not make them. And for an AreoTwin you could just put green under clear domes.

But since like Whelen is Dipping or spraying color onto clear lens's for split colors, I wonder if you could do that?

Or get the theater stage lighting gel's that are rated for 200W+ bulbs and just make an inner filter.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gram1427

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.