Christmas themed lightbars/beacons

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_PC070002.jpg

My contribution

Merry Christmas!!!!! My collection in festive colors.

Left to right, top to bottom:

-Code 3 RVM strobe - Red

-Whelen RB6 beacon - Clear w/ Green filter

-Federal Signal Sentry beacon - Clear w/ Red filter

-Code 3 550 beacon - no dome (Clear on order....sometime/eventually), Green filter

-Code 3 RVM strobe - Red/Clear

-Whelen Centurion lightbar - Red/Clear domes w/ Green filter

-Whelen Talon LED - Red (steady burn)

-Federal Signal Firebeam beacon - Split Red (back)/Green (front)

-Federal Signal Firebeam beacon - Red

-Whelen Responder II DX minibar - Clear dome, Red/Green filters

-Federal Signal Highlighter minibar - Clear dome, Red/Clear-no filter

-Whelen Centurion minibar - Clear domes, Red/Green filters (uber rare)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
rwo978 said:
My contribution

Merry Christmas!!!!! My collection in festive colors.

Left to right, top to bottom:

-Code 3 RVM strobe - Red

-Whelen RB6 beacon - Clear w/ Green filter

-Federal Signal Sentry beacon - Clear w/ Red filter

-Code 3 550 beacon - no dome (Clear on order....sometime/eventually), Green filter

-Code 3 RVM strobe - Red/Clear

-Whelen Centurion lightbar - Red/Clear domes w/ Green filter

-Federal Signal Firebeam beacon - Red

-Whelen Responder II DX minibar - Clear dome, Red/Green filters

-Federal Signal Highlighter minibar - Clear dome, Red/Clear-no filter

-Whelen Centurion minibar - Clear domes, Red/Green filters (uber rare)

Nice collection, Ryan! It's one of many great contributions to this thread:thumbsup:! I've been wondering when you'd show off some of your stuff on here :cool: .

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
EL1998P71 said:
How so? Was it ordered that way?
I just got some green filters for my Mini centurion a few weeks back.

Again not trying to be the Grinch in the topic, Just wondering :D

No, you just never see the minis with clear domes. I've only seen them in blue (Europe), amber, or red/clear split. Yours and mine are the only ones I've seen that are all clear. This one was the mate to yours, each had a half red dome, half clear dome with red bulkhead. I switched the domes around, found a clear bulkhead, and ordered filters in each color. Besides the mini Liberty I built, it's my favorite bar.

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
Here's my 72" Aerodynic. Got it over 3 years ago and I have done nothing to it yet so it's dull and dirty but these lenses will soon be swapped out for NOS red/blue ones I got from emtanderson51.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_SANY00011.jpg

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
wfdstation42 said:
Here's my 72" Aerodynic. Got it over 3 years ago and I have done nothing to it yet so it's dull and dirty but these lenses will soon be swapped out for NOS red/blue ones I got from emtanderson51.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Oh! That's where they'll go....

Can't wait to see that!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Well, I did something different this year and made up my recently acquired 12X TwinSonic in alternating red/green. The clear 4464s have a green par 36 filters taped over the bulb holder clamps, but they still work pretty good to throw the green out. It runs at the top of every hour from 7-9pm for 15 min until Christmas day has past.

Of course, a short video to show it in action:D.

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_th_Christmas12XTS.jpg

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
DSCF0051.jpgMerry Christmas to all my fellow lightheads!

Last edited by a moderator:

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Ok so time to bring this thread back to life so I convinced my wife I will be adding some filters to a 58" mx7000 I have

image-2733745397.jpg

So I found green filters for the 2 center rotators and green filters for the intersection sweeps

image-3524599263.jpg

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
wfdstation42 said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I may possibly be able to acquire two of these huge bars. We are replacing them with led bars due to the power problem. The engines these are on are getting old and starting to have numerous electrical problems. So far we've replaced three, and two are sitting on my bench in the shop. Im gonna ask in the next week or two whats gonna happen to them and see if they can come home with me. If so, one will no doubt be candy cane! And we still have, uummm, I think two or three to replace this year.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Sounds like you might have AeroDynics falling out your ears soon, Captain4164 :haha: !

rad123

Aug 5, 2011
Dixon, CA
What are you using to power the MX7000?

Last edited by a moderator:

charliefox

May 28, 2010
Burlington WA
CrownVic97 said:
A clear lensed AeroTwin or regular Twin with red/green par36s would do the trick ;) . I don't know who has this TS 12, but it's certainly festive!

My wife walked into my office while I was playing this (yes, I played the whole thing!), shook her head and walked out...she just doesn't get it.

Thank you for kicking my Christmas Spirit into high gear!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
My whelen X-mas

xmaswhln1.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I've been enjoying the splash of green here; but I've been told that green is limited to command vehicles. I find that interesting, because on "Chicago Fire" on NBC, you can see lots of green on their firetrucks and rescues.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Skip Goulet said:
I've been enjoying the splash of green here; but I've been told that green is limited to command vehicles. I find that interesting, because on "Chicago Fire" on NBC, you can see lots of green on their firetrucks and rescues.

Green lights have different meanings in different places, both across the country, and around the world. In some places, green is an emergency color. In other places, the use of green is completely unregulated. There is some relevant discussion regarding green in the http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/official-location-based-warning-hide-away-leds-general-meaning-discussion-thread-30732/.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Merry Christmas Light head friends, my 2012 addition!!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

DSCF1262.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
All in one shot! Very cool, Wigwam :cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gram1427

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.