Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

ny04350

Aug 12, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
Some people, idiots actually, should be totally banned from eBay, and maybe the entire Internet.

Check out this auction for a Whelen WS227...with a starting price of $800 and a Buy It Now of $5000......yes, that's not a misprint.

He has no idea what it is, but maybe he'll play with it himself.

He'll definitely be playing with something...on himself...

And I quote the IDIOT:

"I found this in my closet. I don't know how to use it. I don't want to sell it but if I get the right price I will. Selling as is."

And then, if that wasn't bad enough, he added:

"I also forgot to say I don't know if it works but if no one buys it I'll keep it and play around with it myself. But most likely it does work"

I believe his user name has something to do with his mentality.

Whelen WS-227A | eBay

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
ny04350 said:
Some people, idiots actually, should be totally banned from eBay, and maybe the entire Internet.

Check out this auction for a Whelen WS227...with a starting price of $800 and a Buy It Now of $5000......yes, that's not a misprint.

And I quote the IDIOT:

"I found this in my closet. I don't know how to use it. I don't want to sell it but if I get the right price I will. Selling as is."

"I also forgot to say I don't know if it works but if no one buys it I'll keep it and play around with it myself. But most likely it does work"

Whelen WS-227A | eBay

Is hw serious?

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
ny04350 said:

And I quote the IDIOT:

Whelen WS-227A | eBay

It was originally listed with a $500 starting bid with a $10,000 BIN.

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
shues said:
The 24-volt 295HFSE1 is much harder to find than the 12-volt 295HFSA1.

Ahhh, didnt catch that one Shues... still tho... I wouldn't pay it, but you do have a point.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Red Twinsonic...$400? No...$600? No...$800?! No...would you believe $1200! I thought it was a typo, but I guess not. He must be taking some really good drugs. "this is a collectors piece and not intended to be used on a personal vehicle" I'm going to ask him if he'll come down a little on the price.

antique LIGHT BAR AND SIREN

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Tristar said:
Red Twinsonic...$400? No...$600? No...$800?! No...would you believe $1200! I thought it was a typo, but I guess not. He must be taking some really good drugs. "this is a collectors piece and not intended to be used on a personal vehicle" I'm going to ask him if he'll come down a little on the price.

antique LIGHT BAR AND SIREN

Serious offers only. Probably worth a few hundred.... he will go no lower than $900.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
jdh said:
That is until reality hits

It may never hit... Depends on why his price is so high..... some people list stuff so their wife will get off their back. Other times people are selling the item for the amount they value it personally..... which is often skewed.

Send him this

Emergency lights

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
JohnMarcson said:
It may never hit... Depends on why his price is so high..... some people list stuff so their wife will get off their back.

I like that...I'm going to have to try that to get my wife off my back!!! She still hasn't learned that I'm in charge, and that she should not bother me about my hobbies!

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
tsquale said:

Did anyone watch the video? "Whelen CB." Ummm....if Whelen made a CB radio, I've never heard of it, much less SEEN one that existed. Whelen collectors would be all over that crap like white on rice if it did. Now, a Whelen MICROPHONE attached to a Whelen SIREN is old hat stuff. Lots of different makes and models, but they all have one thing in common: They're SIRENS!

Gah, people sometimes are WAY too frickin' clueless. It's a simple concept. Research what you've got and how the market is for it, use proper terminology when describing it and its accessories, and above all: Price it to where people will take interest, not drive them away!!!! You don't have a 47" solid gold bar sitting in your garage, so don't ask NIB price for a used item! :hissyfit:

Ugggh...rant over. :-x

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
unlisted said:
Wonder what antique apparatus he stol.. I mean.. unbolted that off of..

I've emailed him a few times...trying to determine how low he'll go on price. If I have a friend pick it up for me, he'll let it go for the bargain basement price of $1000.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Firefigher MX7000 price reduced

This is the same kid from the screwed up lighting install thread! The second photo shows his awesome install skills for the mirror LEDs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gram1427

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.