Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
The highest bidder has no feedback, and is clearly jacking up the price. I would not be surprised if it was the seller doing it. They probably will outbid someone willing to pay for it and will be left with nothing.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
already posted

IshyFlynn

Feb 8, 2012
Maine
Only $800 for this talon.

IshyFlynn

Feb 8, 2012
Maine
Only a grand for this... Yes it's fully loaded but you can get a LED bar for that price!

Strobe light bar

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
i got off the phone with a Code 3 rep about a new LP 6000(yes they still make them) and for a 38" 4 rotator bar is nearly $1000. WTF?!!! nearly 1k for a halogen bar?! :weird:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
chrismartin1701 said:
i got off the phone with a Code 3 rep about a new LP 6000(yes they still make them) and for a 38" 4 rotator bar is nearly $1000. WTF?!!! nearly 1k for a halogen bar?! :weird:

That is dumb, especially since they don't utilize the metal rotators anymore. They are all free-forms now. I can understand the 1K price tag since they have to cut, mold, and polish metals ones vs the plastics. If you know where to look, you can find an older LP6000 in great shape for a lot less.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
$1000 for a amber mini Justice, eBay Item number: 360449687971

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I think this would be the reverse, if you have money to burn buy it from them. If you want to save money buy it from Napa Auto for $400 less.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE AND THE OTHERS IS THE $MONEY$ SAVINGS DIFFERENCE. SO IF YOU LIKE TO SAVE $$$ BUY IT HERE! IF YOU HAVE EXTRA $$$ TO SPEND BUY IT FROM THE OTHERS!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
K9Vic said:
$1000 for a amber mini Justice, eBay Item number: 360449687971

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I think this would be the reverse, if you have money to burn buy it from them. If you want to save money buy it from Napa Auto for $400 less.

I sent him an offer/message stating that his price was double everywhere else on the net and he did an 'ebay information request' on me. 10 seconds later, I get a phone call from him.... Hmmm, thinking my phone number is going to go bye-bye from there.

Anywho, he said he has someone list everything for them and they start everything for $1k. Then, at night, they go and revise, review, and fix the price. I guess it's a way of having someone maybe not knowledgable on items, but good at computers/internet/listing do the work. Then, after everythings listed, the knowledgable guys go in and fix a few things here or there. He said the price on it will be $499.

Idunno, seems like a good idea, maybe, but redundant work.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
rwo978 said:
I sent him an offer/message stating that his price was double everywhere else on the net and he did an 'ebay information request' on me. 10 seconds later, I get a phone call from him.... Hmmm, thinking my phone number is going to go bye-bye from there.

Anywho, he said he has someone list everything for them and they start everything for $1k. Then, at night, they go and revise, review, and fix the price. I guess it's a way of having someone maybe not knowledgable on items, but good at computers/internet/listing do the work. Then, after everythings listed, the knowledgable guys go in and fix a few things here or there. He said the price on it will be $499.

Idunno, seems like a good idea, maybe, but redundant work.

Except you have to go to all the work of dealing with 300 contacts from elightbars members calling you out on your 1k price...... :cool:

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
uhmmmmm... yeah. A 10 year old frame, that became a frisbee and had to be rebuilt, complete with cig plug no less, all for just 600?

:no: :no: :no:

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
i can see where it might cost that much NEW, but used? i dont think so. $250 would be the most i would consider offering. sad part is this guy is pretty close to me. either he doesnt know shit about lights, or he is one of those people who want top dollar for used stuff. that said, i did a little research on the mini edge and the 4 strobe 9M goes for about $400 new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gram1427

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.